60/60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 likes   

InfernoFlameCat
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 99L - Discussion

#62 Postby InfernoFlameCat » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:58 am

Looking good. It also looked good when it splashed into the BOC because the system was stacked. Now it has convection along with it. I wonder if it could rapidly deepen? Most likely not but maybe.
0 likes   
I am by no means a professional. DO NOT look at my forecasts for official information or make decisions based on what I post.

Goal: to become a registered expert over tropical and subtropical cyclones.

SouthDadeFish
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#63 Postby SouthDadeFish » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:00 am

Greetings, friends.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if today's recon mission finds a TC. Small system + notoriously favorable genesis location = potential for quick spin-up. Thankfully, 99L probably doesn't have much time to strengthen too significantly. Very interesting that guidance has been awful with the current development so far.
12 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#64 Postby South Texas Storms » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:04 am

SouthDadeFish wrote:Greetings, friends.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if today's recon mission finds a TC. Small system + notoriously favorable genesis location = potential for quick spin-up. Thankfully, 99L probably doesn't have much time to strengthen too significantly. Very interesting that guidance has been awful with the current development so far.

Yep, not surprised at all. The Bay of Campeche is notorious for quick spin-up TCs. I would expect the NHC to upgrade it later today.
3 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#65 Postby SoupBone » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:05 am

South Texas Storms wrote:

Yep, not surprised at all. The Bay of Campeche is notorious for quick spin-up TCs. I would expect the NHC to upgrade it later today.

Do you have two accounts or something? :lol:

You guys have similar names.
Last edited by SoupBone on Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#66 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:05 am

Does not help that for the last many days all the vorticity/surface analysis data was way off. everything kept showing it well to the south of the actual wave axis. Which barely scraped Honduras and was over water. All the while the models kept the vorticity well inland over the mountains.
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

#67 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:06 am

I just want to stress that the shape of the coastline in the BOC promotes spin. We have many a storm spin up quickly here. I'm really puzzled by the models. They usually get somewhat better when there is actually something there. Obviously the NHC sees something since they raised the probabilities over 40% the last couple of days (from 20 to 60)
1 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#68 Postby Iceresistance » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:07 am

SoupBone wrote:

Similar, but not the same

SouthDadeFish is in Miami, FL, while South Texas Storms is true to it's location; Southern Texas, in Houston.
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

#69 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:08 am

Also, whether this develops or not, there will be a big slug of tropical moisture that gets trapped by the frontal boundary which will enhance the rain even more. There is some flooding potential that people need to be aware of.
Also just checked buoy data from the BOC and winds have shifted from the E to the NE which would be consistent to where 99L is located
Last edited by ScottNAtlanta on Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#70 Postby SoupBone » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:08 am

Iceresistance wrote:
SoupBone wrote:

Similar, but not the same

SouthDadeFish is in Miami, FL, while South Texas Storms is true to it's location; Southern Texas, in Houston.

That was the joke.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:

skyline385
Category 5
Category 5

#71 Postby skyline385 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:11 am

Convection building up, pink towers incoming through the center in the last frame.

0 likes   

Tailgater33
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#72 Postby Tailgater33 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:13 am

The buoy just NW of the invest is saying meh, pressure drops over the last 24hrs are minor. So no rapid deepening but it does look to be organizing with weak feeder bands visible
0 likes   

weeniepatrol
Category 3
Category 3

#73 Postby weeniepatrol » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:14 am

0 likes   

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

#74 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:17 am

Tailgater33 wrote:The buoy just NW of the invest is saying meh, pressure drops over the last 24hrs are minor. So no rapid deepening but it does look to be organizing with weak feeder bands visible

Yes, but it has shown a wind shift from the E to the NE in the last hour
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#75 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:19 am

ScottNAtlanta wrote:
Tailgater33 wrote:The buoy just NW of the invest is saying meh, pressure drops over the last 24hrs are minor. So no rapid deepening but it does look to be organizing with weak feeder bands visible

Yes, but it has shown a wind shift from the E to the NE in the last hour

When pressures fall locally it takes a little time to propagate and be measured in the surrounding area.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

skyline385
Category 5
Category 5

#76 Postby skyline385 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:22 am

It’s pretty tiny and the core (if it were to form) would be very small as well, don’t think its going to be detected by buoys this early.

0 likes   

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

#77 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:25 am

That ULL over Mexico has also been moving west. You can see the flow moving from the SW to S.
0 likes   

weeniepatrol
Category 3
Category 3

#78 Postby weeniepatrol » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:27 am

Signs of weak surface westerly inflow
0 likes   

BobHarlem
Category 5
Category 5

#79 Postby BobHarlem » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:30 am

Current Visible
2 likes   

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#80 Postby tropicwatch » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:31 am

Hurricane Hunters were supposed to take off about 15 minutes ago. Haven't seen any indication that they have yet.
0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

Return to “2022”