ATL: CLAUDETTE - Remnants - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: Potential Tropical Cyclone Three - Discussion

#361 Postby ElectricStorm » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:50 pm

No upgrade so Claudette isn't likely unless something crazy happens or maybe if it can get going off the East Coast after it exits land, but I doubt that happens
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#362 Postby OuterBanker » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:50 pm

MarioProtVI wrote:Still no change at intermediate. Claudette will likely come in July as this system has run out of time to get anymore organized - 8pm was its last shot as it’ll be inland by 11

Unless it follows the European and becomes Claudette exiting the Carolinas.
0 likes   

JW-_-
Category 1
Category 1

#363 Postby JW-_- » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:51 pm

Derek Ortt had a subtle hint in his Twitter post. When he says Claudette, not PTC. And he is generally conservative.
Last edited by JW-_- on Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   

Yellow Evan
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#364 Postby Yellow Evan » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:54 pm

MarioProtVI wrote:Still no change at intermediate. Claudette will likely come in July as this system has run out of time to get anymore organized - 8pm was its last shot as it’ll be inland by 11

I wouldn’t completely rule out a Julia 16 type of situation here.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#365 Postby tolakram » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:03 pm

2 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#366 Postby tolakram » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:04 pm

1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

JW-_-
Category 1
Category 1

#367 Postby JW-_- » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:11 pm

You posted the money shot. :wink: :darrow:
https://postimg.cc/QKL78yjt
4 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#368 Postby wxman57 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:12 pm

aspen wrote:I think that might be an LLC recon just found. Upgrade to TS Claudette at 8?

That's just a small vortex rotating counter-clockwise around a broad area of low pressure. It's moving to the southwest, away from the convection.
3 likes   

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#369 Postby ElectricStorm » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Well NHC still says it should become a TS still so maybe they are anticipating a special advisory later? Either way it's a close call and impacts will be the same regardless
1 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Stormybajan
Category 1
Category 1

#370 Postby Stormybajan » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:21 pm

I think I agree with the NHC not naming PTC3 Claudette (yet) until they find a well defined center. Imagine they named it, and received tons of backlash from persons claiming they are "trying to fill the stat sheet". I think this may be the best example of a Potential Tropical Cyclone since they came up with the term in 2017 :)
1 likes   
Sad West Indies and Manchester United fan ⚽️

JW-_-
Category 1
Category 1

#371 Postby JW-_- » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:21 pm

Looks a 40kt TS. And has for quite some time.
4 likes   

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#372 Postby Dean4Storms » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:35 pm

Can't imagine Recon checking out just a swirl, but oh well. Have to believe the LLC got pulled SSW on the back side of the surface trough. Strange situation.
0 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#373 Postby Steve » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Stormybajan wrote:I think I agree with the NHC not naming PTC3 Claudette (yet) until they find a well defined center. Imagine they named it, and received tons of backlash from persons claiming they are "trying to fill the stat sheet". I think this may be the best example of a Potential Tropical Cyclone since they came up with the term in 2017 :)

Agreed. They catch **** regardless. Of those who whine like Joe B about “whaaaa they name everything” you’d expect them to be on the other side of it. Then again you never know. Sometimes people are fair. I feel like there are arguments both ways. Clearly this could be Claudette. And clearly it’s just fine as PTC3. Getting drizzle in NWFL but nothing major. Coastal Mississippi looks to get a decent band soon.
2 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#374 Postby tolakram » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:49 pm

Steve wrote:
Stormybajan wrote:I think I agree with the NHC not naming PTC3 Claudette (yet) until they find a well defined center. Imagine they named it, and received tons of backlash from persons claiming they are "trying to fill the stat sheet". I think this may be the best example of a Potential Tropical Cyclone since they came up with the term in 2017 :)

Agreed. They catch **** regardless. Of those who whine like Joe B about “whaaaa they name everything” you’d expect them to be on the other side of it. Then again you never know. Sometimes people are fair. I feel like there are arguments both ways. Clearly this could be Claudette. And clearly it’s just fine as PTC3. Getting drizzle in NWFL but nothing major. Coastal Mississippi looks to get a decent band soon.

The arguments against the NHC change every time, that's the maddening thing. They name too many -or- they should name this! I think the NHC tries to be as objective as possible and with these big sloppy lows and multiple vortices it's difficult.
7 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#375 Postby Hammy » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:54 pm

tolakram wrote:
Steve wrote:

The arguments against the NHC change every time, that's the maddening thing. They name too many -or- they should name this! I think the NHC tries to be as objective as possible and with these big sloppy lows and multiple vortices it's difficult.

I'm personally of the thinking that this really should be named at this point--but mostly from a consistency standpoint--they've designated worse looking systems in the past. But I will agree that there seems to be people complaining no matter what they do with just about every storm.
Last edited by Hammy on Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#376 Postby OuterBanker » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 pm

Apparently the GFS is the outlier. The European, Canadian, Icon and navgem all have some kind of remnant low in Eastern NC. Due to baroclinic forcing. The gfs is the only model showing dissipation.
Maybe it will pull a coup and be right.

But, if the other models are right we must ask why was the GFS so wrong.
1 likes   

Sciencerocks
Category 5
Category 5

#377 Postby Sciencerocks » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:18 pm

1 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#378 Postby wxman57 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:20 pm

The little southward moving vortex has dissipated. No center to move ashore. Claudette may have to wait until Monday, or August...
0 likes   

MarioProtVI
Category 2
Category 2

#379 Postby MarioProtVI » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm

wxman57 wrote:The little southward moving vortex has dissipated. No center to move ashore. Claudette may have to wait until Monday, or August...

I would say more like July. I doubt July will be dead.
0 likes   

Kazmit
Category 5
Category 5

#380 Postby Kazmit » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:02 pm

MarioProtVI wrote:
wxman57 wrote:The little southward moving vortex has dissipated. No center to move ashore. Claudette may have to wait until Monday, or August...

I would say more like July. I doubt July will be dead.

Wishful thinking. :wink:
0 likes   
Igor 2010, Sandy 2012, Fay 2014, Gonzalo 2014, Joaquin 2015, Nicole 2016, Humberto 2019

I am only a tropical weather enthusiast. My predictions are not official and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “2021”