ATL: HANNA - Remnants - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

HurricaneEnzo
Category 2
Category 2

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Discussion

#81 Postby HurricaneEnzo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:41 am

Definitely getting its act together as time goes by. I'm thinking pretty high chance of something classifiable tomorrow at this rate. Very small chance of it happening this evening/tonight. I'm not anticipating that but the way this season is going who knows? Has there ever been 8 named storms before August 1st? I'm guessing not since we are beating 05s pace by a few days.
Last edited by HurricaneEnzo on Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   
Bertha 96' - Fran 96' - Bonnie 98' - Dennis 99' - Floyd 99' - Isabel 03' - Alex 04' - Ophelia 05' - Irene 11' - Arthur 14' - Matthew 16' - Florence 18' - Dorian 19' - Isaias 20' (countless other tropical storms and Hurricane swipes)

I am not a Professional Met just an enthusiast. Get your weather forecasts from the Pros!

dantonlsu
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#82 Postby dantonlsu » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:42 am

I believe recon may find a TD when they go out today.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#83 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:43 am

HurricaneEnzo wrote:Definitely getting its act together as time goes by. I'm thinking pretty high chance of something classifiable tomorrow at this rate. Very small chance of it happening this evening/tonight. I'm not anticipating that but the way this season is going who knows? Has there ever been 8 named storms before August 1st? I'm guessing not since we are beating 05s pace by a couple of weeks.

I would wager at 2pm the chances go up to 80 percent.. Then recon finds Fay or very close to Fay.
2 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

dantonlsu
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#84 Postby dantonlsu » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:45 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
HurricaneEnzo wrote:Definitely getting its act together as time goes by. I'm thinking pretty high chance of something classifiable tomorrow at this rate. Very small chance of it happening this evening/tonight. I'm not anticipating that but the way this season is going who knows? Has there ever been 8 named storms before August 1st? I'm guessing not since we are beating 05s pace by a couple of weeks.

I would wager at 2pm the chances go up to 80 percent.. Then recon finds Fay or very close to Fay.

Would have said that's a bold statement yesterday, but with the looks of it today, you may be correct.
1 likes   

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#85 Postby Ivanhater » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:46 am

.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
0 likes   
Michael

BYG Jacob
Category 3
Category 3

#86 Postby BYG Jacob » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:47 am

Aric Dunn wrote:

*Whispers* We're on Hanna now *whispers*
8 likes   

HurricaneBrain
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#87 Postby HurricaneBrain » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:49 am

Aric I think you need to take a nap after pulling that all nighter :lol:
Aric Dunn wrote:

1 likes   

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#88 Postby Ivanhater » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:50 am

Yes, Fay has come and gone. We are moving that fast :cheesy:
2 likes   
Michael

HurricaneEnzo
Category 2
Category 2

#89 Postby HurricaneEnzo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:50 am

Aric Dunn wrote:

I'm not counting it out at this point lol. Just crazy. Maybe none of the storms we have had have been particularly strong or long lasting but if we get 8 named systems before Aug 1st I think that says it all. The state of the Atlantic has been this conducive thus far and conventional wisdom tells us the conditions are only going to get significantly more favorable as we approach peak season. I think the rest of the season is going gangbusters and 2020 will go down as a top 5 season in a lot of different statistics.
Last edited by HurricaneEnzo on Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Bertha 96' - Fran 96' - Bonnie 98' - Dennis 99' - Floyd 99' - Isabel 03' - Alex 04' - Ophelia 05' - Irene 11' - Arthur 14' - Matthew 16' - Florence 18' - Dorian 19' - Isaias 20' (countless other tropical storms and Hurricane swipes)

I am not a Professional Met just an enthusiast. Get your weather forecasts from the Pros!

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#90 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:53 am

dantonlsu wrote:I believe recon may find a TD when they go out today.

91L is gradually getting its act together. It looks to be trying to coalesce a better defined low level circulation late this morning. It is definitely entering a more friendlier upper level environment and for me, the only potential detriment going forward would be mid level dry air to its northwest.

However, it has ample time to take advantage of those bath water ssts of the Central and later NW GOM to really develop. A chance it could get upgraded to TD by this evening, depending upon what Recon finds in there. I think tomorrow will really be the day that this system could really get itself hoing as its treks west toward the South Texas Coast.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

HurricaneBrain
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#91 Postby HurricaneBrain » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:53 am

Compare this to the frame 2.5 hours ago. No doubt this is getting its act together.
0 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#92 Postby Cpv17 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:54 am

jaguars_22 wrote:This storm reminds me of Harvey just by the models being all over the place. All it took was one good night for Harvey and he blew up quickly. I dont see any shear or anything that would stop this storm but i am not a meteorologist. It does look like its concentrating on convection near the center better than yesterday, but the models dont know what to do...Im watching carefully from the central texas coast

The Victoria area could see some flooding from this. Some of the models have you guys in the jackpot.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#93 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 am

northjaxpro wrote:

91L is gradually getting its act together. It looks to be trying to coalesce a better defined low level circulation late this morning. It is definitely entering a more friendlier upper level environment and for me, the only potential detriment going forward would be mid level dry air to its northwest.

However, it has ample time to take advantage of those bath water ssts of the Central and later NW GOM to really develop. A chance it could get upgraded to TD by this evening, depending upon what Recon finds in there. I think tomorrow will really be the day that this system could really get itself hoing as its treks west toward the South Texas Coast.

Looks like Wxman57 is going to have to update his forecast and tell his customers a TC is coming.. :P
3 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#94 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:58 am

HurricaneBrain wrote:Compare this to the frame 2.5 hours ago. No doubt this is getting its act together.

Yes. Deep convective tops now firing. May be seeing the beginning of a quickly developing cyclone!
1 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

supercane4867
Category 5
Category 5

#95 Postby supercane4867 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:03 am

8 likes   

abk_0710
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#96 Postby abk_0710 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:05 am

What can Louisiana (NOLA) expect from this system if it does develop? TIA
0 likes   

dantonlsu
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#97 Postby dantonlsu » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:05 am

1 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#98 Postby wxman57 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:05 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:

Looks like Wxman57 is going to have to update his forecast and tell his customers a TC is coming.. :P

Our track forecasts yesterday had a TS reaching Texas Friday afternoon. However, I don't think it'll be much different from the disturbance that moved across the NW Gulf late last week. Just a rain event, with possibly some TS wind offshore. Not much out there now. Winds 10-15 kts with some evidence of a broad, weak low in the obs. By the way, I gave it a 70-80% chance of development 3-4 days ago. This is no surprise.
6 likes   

canetracker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#99 Postby canetracker » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:07 am

abk_0710 wrote:What can Louisiana (NOLA) expect from this system if it does develop? TIA

According to local weathermen, a lot of off and on rain for the next few days.
3 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#100 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:07 am

I mean just says it all..

I say TS by the time recon gets there.. we already had near TS winds out there yesterday and overnight..

1 likes   

Return to “2020”