ATL: MARCO - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: FOURTEEN - Models

#401 Postby SoupBone » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:38 pm

The HWRF is nothing but consistent on bringing this to SELA.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#402 Postby catskillfire51 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:44 pm

SoupBone wrote:The HWRF is nothing but consistent on bringing this to SELA.

Unless my computer is crazy 14 leaves it's convection at Louisiana, bounces off the coast and makes a loop towards texas
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#403 Postby SoupBone » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:45 pm

catskillfire51 wrote:
SoupBone wrote:The HWRF is nothing but consistent on bringing this to SELA.

Unless my computer is crazy 14 leaves it's convection at Louisiana, bounces off the coast and makes a loop towards texas

Nope, that's exactly what it looks like it's showing. What? :eek: :lol:
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#404 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:46 pm

18z has significantly backed off on this becoming a significant hurricane, likely due to influences from Laura.
0 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#405 Postby SoupBone » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:57 pm

So the HWRF still has what's left of TD14 meandering around the GoM south of Louisiana, while a nasty hurricane Laura heads to the Mobile Bay? I get it's a week out, but what?
1 likes   

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

#406 Postby Astromanía » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Kingarabian wrote:12z EPS tracks + mean for TD14:
https://i.imgur.com/yEpZ8wM.png

Oh my... I may deal with another big rain event in my city :eek:
2 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#407 Postby SoupBone » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:31 pm

Anyone have what the 18Z Euro does with TD14?
0 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#408 Postby South Texas Storms » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:33 pm

SoupBone wrote:Anyone have what the 18Z Euro does with TD14?

Weaker than the 12z run. It shows a TD drifting westward towards the middle TX coast on Tuesday when the run ends.
2 likes   

catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#409 Postby catskillfire51 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:57 pm

SoupBone wrote:Anyone have what the 18Z Euro does with TD14?

14 is that 1010 dot towards texas coast

2 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#410 Postby Hammy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:08 pm

NAM coming in as first 00z model. Not doing a whole lot with it and might be having trouble resolving on the 32km model because if it's size--the 3km has been showing a stronger storm than 32km.

0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#411 Postby CrazyC83 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:11 pm

SoupBone wrote:So the HWRF still has what's left of TD14 meandering around the GoM south of Louisiana, while a nasty hurricane Laura heads to the Mobile Bay? I get it's a week out, but what?

Sounds like a classic Fujiwhara.
1 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#412 Postby Steve » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:25 pm

NAM bringing the weak 1009mb low off the NW Yucatan. It' s coming in from out of range, so not much to report. Maybe some of the energy gets sheared off toward the NE from the east side of the Gulf upper trough.
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: MARCO - Models

#413 Postby Hammy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:32 pm

Coming into view on the 3km, looks like it's nearing hurricane intensity by Sunday afternoon
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#414 Postby catskillfire51 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:08 pm

0 likes   

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#415 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:17 pm

So many times we see the global models underperform for intensity, i just dont trust it. Once those t-storms start firing off over that 30C water, it could be off to the races.
1 likes   

catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#416 Postby catskillfire51 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:19 pm

I just don't see how Marco punches up to that High pressure system but Laura is getting pushed to the islands
4 likes   

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#417 Postby Kingarabian » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:23 pm

catskillfire51 wrote:[url]https://i.imgur.com/At50hPa.png[url]

I just don't see how Marco punches up to that High pressure system but Laura is getting pushed to the islands

ICON is usually pretty bad on par with the NOGAPS. We just look at it because it proceeds the GFS and may give clues or hints on what the good models may show.
2 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#418 Postby catskillfire51 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:24 pm

Kingarabian wrote:

ICON is usually pretty bad. We just look at it because it proceeds the GFS and may give clues or hints on what the good models may show.

Yeah I get that, I just think back to Harvey and if I remember right it was one of the first to show it bouncing off the high pressure system and coming back to the gulf. I guess a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.
2 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#419 Postby Steve » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:26 pm

catskillfire51 wrote:
Kingarabian wrote:

ICON is usually pretty bad. We just look at it because it proceeds the GFS and may give clues or hints on what the good models may show.

Yeah I get that, I just think back to Harvey and if I remember right it was one of the first to show it bouncing off the high pressure system and coming back to the gulf. I guess a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

It also found Marco and Laura many days before the GFS or European did. Again, don't use it so much for tracks, but it may turn out to be a somewhat valuable indicator or predictor of genesis.
3 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#420 Postby Hammy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Steve wrote:
catskillfire51 wrote:
Kingarabian wrote:ICON is usually pretty bad. We just look at it because it proceeds the GFS and may give clues or hints on what the good models may show.

It also found Marco and Laura many days before the GFS or European did. Again, don't use it so much for tracks, but it may turn out to be a somewhat valuable indicator or predictor of genesis.

Canadian's done similarly good this year and if Laura does end up becoming a hurricane, it'll show the model has managed to hone in on things that other models are missing--and one I'll certainly give far more weight to the rest of the season regardless of what others show--it's the only one that has consistently had Laura maintaining itself and never showed it dissipating in the Gulf.
4 likes   

Return to “2020”