ATL: ARTHUR - Post-Tropical

Moderator: S2k Moderators

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 90L - Discussion

#21 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu May 14, 2020 12:23 pm

Well at least there’s a chance this could become fully-tropical. Kind of getting tired of all the messy Subtropical storms we’ve seen over just the past two seasons.
1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby Aric Dunn » Thu May 14, 2020 12:24 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:Well at least there’s a chance this could become fully-tropical. Kind of getting tired of all the messy Subtropical storms we’ve seen over just the past two seasons.

yeah it is looking more likely to be fully tropical at this point.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

hurrtracker79
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#23 Postby hurrtracker79 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:37 pm

I don't see where this was yet tagged as an Invest by the NHC?
0 likes   

CyclonicFury
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby CyclonicFury » Thu May 14, 2020 12:39 pm

hurrtracker79 wrote:I don't see where this was yet tagged as an Invest by the NHC?

It hasn't been declared an invest yet. I'm guessing the thread was created on the assumption that it would be declared soon since recon has been scheduled.
2 likes   
NCSU B.S. in Meteorology Class of 2021. Tropical weather blogger at http://www.cyclonicfury.com. My forecasts and thoughts are NOT official, for official forecasts please consult the National Hurricane Center.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#25 Postby cycloneye » Thu May 14, 2020 12:39 pm

hurrtracker79 wrote:I don't see where this was yet tagged as an Invest by the NHC?

We decided to open the thread a few hours before being tagged as NHC tasked recon in the TCPOD and to have the members post in the new thread but I guess later this afternoon or evening it will be up.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#26 Postby cycloneye » Thu May 14, 2020 12:44 pm

Please, let's not post one liner posts that do not contribute to a good discussion about this invest. I deleted one of those that talked about a very strong hurricane of 2019 as a one word post.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

hurrtracker79
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#27 Postby hurrtracker79 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:52 pm

cycloneye wrote:

We decided to open the thread a few hours before being tagged as NHC tasked recon in the TCPOD and to have the members post in the new thread but I guess later this afternoon or evening it will be up.

Thanks for the clarification!
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#28 Postby cycloneye » Thu May 14, 2020 12:53 pm

2 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#29 Postby cycloneye » Thu May 14, 2020 12:56 pm

1 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#30 Postby Aric Dunn » Thu May 14, 2020 12:57 pm

So far the mesocale models have been doing the best with this.. the HRRR was up until the last couple hours.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

Dylan
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#31 Postby Dylan » Thu May 14, 2020 12:57 pm

1 likes   
Georges('98), Allison('01), Isidore('02), Lili('02), Frances('04) Ivan('04), Cindy('05), Katrina('05), Rita('05), Gustav('08), Isaac('12), Matthew('16), Harvey('17), Irma('17), Nate ('17), Ida ('21).

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#32 Postby Aric Dunn » Thu May 14, 2020 1:04 pm

The 12z Euro is far to slow with the vorticity. it show little to nothing in the florida straights for 24hurs which of course it is already rapidly increasing.

throwing out the 12z euro today. 18z will likely initialize the system better by then.
0 likes   

Weatherboy1
Category 5
Category 5

#33 Postby Weatherboy1 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Just wanted to say "Hello" for yet another season on here, albeit one that looks to be getting started early. Here in SE FL (Palm Beach County) definitely breezy today with wind advisory conditions. Will be interesting to see if this thing can spin up while still hanging around between the Keys and Cuba, or if whatever center forms moves over the Peninsula. Or of course the third scenario, which is formation in the Bahamas. Seems as if models have trended west to some degree though. Either way, shouldn't amount to much more than a TD/low end TC or STC
3 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#34 Postby SFLcane » Thu May 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:So far the mesocale models have been doing the best with this.. the HRRR was up until the last couple hours.

The HRRR shunts the low almost eastward and keeps all the weather to the south of mainland SFL.
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#35 Postby tolakram » Thu May 14, 2020 1:08 pm

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#36 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu May 14, 2020 1:23 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:Well at least there’s a chance this could become fully-tropical. Kind of getting tired of all the messy Subtropical storms we’ve seen over just the past two seasons.

yeah it is looking more likely to be fully tropical at this point.

Yeah I lost count of how many Subtropical systems we had last season and in 2018. :lol:
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#37 Postby cycloneye » Thu May 14, 2020 1:24 pm

1 likes   

Ubuntwo
Category 5
Category 5

#38 Postby Ubuntwo » Thu May 14, 2020 1:25 pm

Weatherboy1 wrote:Just wanted to say "Hello" for yet another season on here, albeit one that looks to be getting started early. Here in SE FL (Palm Beach County) definitely breezy today with wind advisory conditions. Will be interesting to see if this thing can spin up while still hanging around between the Keys and Cuba, or if whatever center forms moves over the Peninsula. Or of course the third scenario, which is formation in the Bahamas. Seems as if models have trended west to some degree though. Either way, shouldn't amount to much more than a TD/low end TC or STC

Yep, went out on the beach earlier. Winds out of the east, probably about 30 sustained. They calm down a bit inland though.
0 likes   
Kendall -> SLO -> PBC

Memorable Storms: Katrina (for its Florida landfall...) Wilma Matthew Irma

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#39 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu May 14, 2020 1:30 pm

The South Florida Water Management District site has a good radar/satellite composite for the time being since it’s near Florida. It’s always cool to check out when a hurricane comes into view like Dorian, Michael, or Irma for instance.

https://www.sfwmd.gov/weather-radar/current-weather-conditions/florida-radar-and-satellite-loop
3 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#40 Postby Aric Dunn » Thu May 14, 2020 1:32 pm

Havana Reporting NNE to NE winds. waiting for Matanzas to switch to south or wsw .. that would indicate a possible surface circ developing in and around that current mid level circ on radar.
0 likes   

Return to “2020”