Moderator: S2k Moderators

Siker
Category 4
Category 4

Re: Re:

#1721 Postby Siker » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:02 pm

NCSTORMMAN wrote:
WPBWeather wrote:
NCSTORMMAN wrote:Danny is a perfect example of why I think the US will never have another major threaten it at least in my lifetime. Magical troughs and shear will always get the storms. It is almost like we have a shield around us. Danny was fun to watch while it lasted and it proved to me that this season is just another repeat of the last 10 years. Glad that is the case but like I have said before it is very very weird.

Unless your lifetime is shorter than the next seven days, you probably will see one. :wink:

In general in our lifetimes. We can come back to this conversation in 10 years okay? Should start convincing more people by then when it has been 20 years.

Come on man, I like that you're always sure to mention that you don't know everything about a storm, don't make a ridiculous claim like that.
0 likes   

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: ATL: DANNY - Tropical Storm- Discussion

#1722 Postby ozonepete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:03 pm

wxman57 wrote:Bones is stepping up to the microphone...

Oh no! lol
0 likes   

NCSTORMMAN

#1723 Postby NCSTORMMAN » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:03 pm

Siker it is only ridiculous if I am wrong right? We shall see.
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#1724 Postby Sanibel » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Should find the center through ground readings in the islands.
0 likes   

xironman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1725 Postby xironman » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:05 pm

ozonepete wrote:

Oh no! lol

Bones always waits for dmax before giving a final opinion.
0 likes   

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#1726 Postby ozonepete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Siker wrote:
NCSTORMMAN wrote:In general in our lifetimes. We can come back to this conversation in 10 years okay? Should start convincing more people by then when it has been 20 years.

Come on man, I like that you're always sure to mention that you don't know everything about a storm, don't make a ridiculous claim like that.

Yeah really, c'mon now NC. It's ok to occasionally state your gut feeling but we have casual viewers here who might believe you, and we don't want anyone ignoring a storm threat for that reason. You have learned good things here and contributed well at times, so let's get back to the science. :)
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1727 Postby northjaxpro » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:10 pm

While he is coming, 97L's pulse is gone as well.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

NCSTORMMAN

#1728 Postby NCSTORMMAN » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:11 pm

ozonepete wrote:
Siker wrote:
NCSTORMMAN wrote:In general in our lifetimes. We can come back to this conversation in 10 years okay? Should start convincing more people by then when it has been 20 years.

Yeah really, c'mon now NC. It's ok to occasionally state your gut feeling but we have casual viewers here who might believe you, and we don't want anyone ignoring a storm threat for that reason. You have learned good things here and contributed well at times, so let's get back to the science. :)

Okay no major hurricanes will make landfall in the next 10 years because of troughs and shear. All the science anyone has need to know right now. We may get some more good looking MDR storms though ;+)
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1729 Postby Ntxw » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Lets get back to talking about Danny shall we? Or what's left. We can talk about future predictions etc on US impacts over in talkin' tropics. Whether or not he will have much to show by then the island are still in the way. Hoping he can still bring some rain to PR, but it's not looking promising.

Visible satellite

0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#1730 Postby blp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:15 pm

NCSTORMMAN wrote:
WPBWeather wrote:
NCSTORMMAN wrote:Danny is a perfect example of why I think the US will never have another major threaten it at least in my lifetime. Magical troughs and shear will always get the storms. It is almost like we have a shield around us. Danny was fun to watch while it lasted and it proved to me that this season is just another repeat of the last 10 years. Glad that is the case but like I have said before it is very very weird.

Unless your lifetime is shorter than the next seven days, you probably will see one. :wink:

In general in our lifetimes. We can come back to this conversation in 10 years okay? Should start convincing more people by then when it has been 20 years.

Seriously, I get you have a right to an opinion but those comments bring nothing to this thread. You should post in the season cancel or I am soo bored with the season thread. I am sure you will find it somwhere. Let's stick to the Danny please.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

WPBWeather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1731 Postby WPBWeather » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:15 pm

:uarrow: is there any science on this? I know many strong opinions on the blog over the years, but not science on permanent troughs.
0 likes   

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#1732 Postby ozonepete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:21 pm

WPBWeather wrote::uarrow: is there any science on this? I know many strong opinions on the blog over the years, but not science on permanent troughs.

Doesn't matter. The moderator wants this conversation moved to the proper thread. So we can continue it over there, but not here, ok? :)
0 likes   

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1733 Postby OuterBanker » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:25 pm

It's time to pull the plug. Let's all remember the unexpected excitement he did provide. But watch out for his bigger, meaner sister that is right behind. He did pave the way for her. I'm afraid Erica is the name that will cause great anxiety in the islands and the seus coast.
0 likes   

Frank2
Category 5
Category 5

#1734 Postby Frank2 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Can`t say I`m disappointed - tomorrow being 23 years since my house was ruined by Andrew, had the shear not been an issue, Danny would have been a serious threat to South Florida in a few days...
0 likes   

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#1735 Postby ozonepete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:27 pm

OuterBanker wrote:It's time to pull the plug. Let's all remember the unexpected excitement he did provide. But watch out for his bigger, meaner sister that is right behind. He did pave the way for her. I'm afraid Erica is the name that will cause great anxiety in the islands and the seus coast.

Have to wait for DMAX. We've had bigger comebacks. And I'm never bored as long as there's some scientific interest (which Danny still has), though I admit I am a 10 on the hurricane geek scale. :wink:
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#1736 Postby Ntxw » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:28 pm

OuterBanker wrote:It's time to pull the plug. Let's all remember the unexpected excitement he did provide. But watch out for his bigger, meaner sister that is right behind. He did pave the way for her. I'm afraid Erica is the name that will cause great anxiety in the islands and the seus coast.

He cleared a lot of dust along his path, definitely not as much SAL after his passage. He was nice storm to track as a sacrificial system :P
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#1737 Postby ozonepete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Frank2 wrote:Can`t say I`m disappointed - tomorrow being 23 years since my house was ruined by Andrew, had the shear not been an issue, Danny would have been a serious threat to South Florida in a few days...

Hi Frank, hope you are well. And of course Andrew is the perfect example of why you have to keep watching anything in that part of the Atlantic until it completely fizzles.
0 likes   

bahamaswx
Category 5
Category 5

#1738 Postby bahamaswx » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:30 pm

We always pull the plug too early around here.
0 likes   

SouthFloridawx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1739 Postby SouthFloridawx » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:31 pm

We're all still hungover from the 2005 season.
0 likes   

Stormcenter
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1740 Postby Stormcenter » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:32 pm

The excerpt below is from the 4pm CDT NWS discussion out of New Orleans, LA. Is the easterly wave they are referring to the remains of Danny?

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW ORLEANS LA
401 PM CDT SUN AUG 23 2015

.LONG TERM...
NO MAJOR CHANGES IN THE FORECAST. STILL LOOKS LIKE PLEASANT
WEATHER WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE REST OF THE WEEK. HAVE ADJUSTED
DEWPOINTS AND TEMPERATURES DOWN WITH A BLEND OF GUIDANCE. THE
LONG WAVE TROUGH HANGS AROUND THROUGH MUCH OF THE WEEK KEEPING
THINGS FAIRLY DRY AND VERY NICE. DP TEMPS LOOK TO BEGIN INCREASING
AGAIN BY NEXT WEEKEND AS ANOTHER EASTERLY WAVE MOVES INTO THE
GULF. 13/MH
0 likes