Admin

Re: ATL: INVEST 90L

#21 Postby tolakram » Fri May 31, 2013 9:43 am

Hopefully just a glitch while they change the name to 90L

14:25Z
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

bamajammer4eva
Category 4
Category 4

#22 Postby bamajammer4eva » Fri May 31, 2013 9:47 am

Just made this area's HWO 8-)

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
923 AM EDT FRI MAY 31 2013

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY...

A LOW PRESSURE CENTER IS FORECAST TO DEVELOP IN THE BAY OF
CAMPECHE DURING THE UPCOMING WORK WEEK AND SLOWLY MOVE TO THE
NORTHEAST. THIS LOW MAY DEVELOP AND IMPACT AREA WEATHER NEXT
WEEKEND AND BEARS WATCHING.
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby MGC » Fri May 31, 2013 10:03 am

I'd say the NHC did this new invest properly as Barb had no surface circulation so it was not a tropical cyclone any more. So, let us start with a fresh canvas. Convection is really starting to fire down there and there might be a weak mid level circulation left over from Barbara.....so, there is a possibility that something might be brewing in the BOC.........MGC
0 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#24 Postby GCANE » Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 am

Looks like it is developing a poleward outflow channel supported by the ULL at 32N 72W

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/a ... g8wvir.GIF
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby NDG » Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 am

Invest 90L is a good example of when there is a good concensus among the models for cyclogenesis the NHC does not waist any time in getting the ball rolling.
As far as If this is Barbara or not, these are the remnants, It came out of MX without a closed surface circulation, it was interrupted by the high terrains, so the NHC is right in renaming this especially with the models keep showing the the h85 vorticity will die out and for a new one to reform over the next couple days.
0 likes   

Ikester
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#26 Postby Ikester » Fri May 31, 2013 10:30 am

NDG wrote:Invest 90L is a good example of when there is a good concensus among the models for cyclogenesis the NHC does not waist any time in getting the ball rolling.
As far as If this is Barbara or not, these are the remnants, It came out of MX without a closed surface circulation, it was interrupted by the high terrains, so the NHC is right in renaming this especially with the models keep showing the the h85 vorticity will die out and for a new one to reform over the next couple days.

Regardless of surface circulation or not, the NHC would have given this a new designation and a new name once it crossed into the Atlantic basin. If it had made it to the gulf as a TS, it would have become Andrea.
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#27 Postby RL3AO » Fri May 31, 2013 10:32 am

Ikester wrote:
NDG wrote:Invest 90L is a good example of when there is a good concensus among the models for cyclogenesis the NHC does not waist any time in getting the ball rolling.

Regardless of surface circulation or not, the NHC would have given this a new designation and a new name once it crossed into the Atlantic basin. If it had made it to the gulf as a TS, it would have become Andrea.

From my understanding, it would have stayed Barbara if it maintained itself as a tropical cyclone for the entire passage over land.
0 likes   

WilmingtonSandbar
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#28 Postby WilmingtonSandbar » Fri May 31, 2013 10:32 am

Ikester wrote:

Not true. As was discussed last night in the Barbara thread...

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/B5.html
0 likes   
Diana X2 (look it up), Bertha, Fran, Bonnie, Floyd, Dennis, Charley, Ophelia, Ernesto, Irene, Matthew, And Florence

Ikester
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#29 Postby Ikester » Fri May 31, 2013 10:35 am

Interesting. Then I stand corrected. I was not aware it had changed. See, I knew I should have attended the hurricane conference in N.O. this year ;). Thanks.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#30 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri May 31, 2013 10:35 am

gonna be a couple days till we start seeing the signs. the mid level circ from Barbara has been pushed back to the sw over mx again. the left over vorticity combined with the energy/ wave in the carribean should come together in about 2 to 3 days and thats when it will need to be watched.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

WilmingtonSandbar
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#31 Postby WilmingtonSandbar » Fri May 31, 2013 10:37 am

Ikester wrote:Interesting. Then I stand corrected. I was not aware it had changed. See, I knew I should have attended the hurricane conference in N.O. this year ;). Thanks.

You silly silly Pro-Mets, always partying when you should be studying. Hahahaha!!!! :spam:
0 likes   
Diana X2 (look it up), Bertha, Fran, Bonnie, Floyd, Dennis, Charley, Ophelia, Ernesto, Irene, Matthew, And Florence

Meow

#32 Postby Meow » Fri May 31, 2013 11:41 am

WilmingtonSandbar wrote:Not true. As was discussed last night in the Barbara thread...

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/B5.html

So NHC has changed the rule. I think it is logical, as John in 1994 moved from the Northeast Pacific to the Northwest Pacific but was never renamed.
0 likes   

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#33 Postby Nimbus » Fri May 31, 2013 12:00 pm

The bones of Barbara's low level center appear to be tracking west into the Mexican desert.
There is enough circulation east of the Yucatan to stir up some convection but no clear center likely to form today.

The only Barbara in the news is Barbara Eden!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/2 ... 41519.html
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#34 Postby Sanibel » Fri May 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Not sure but I think the center got pulled over land. May be toast.
Last edited by Sanibel on Fri May 31, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Riptide
Category 2
Category 2

#35 Postby Riptide » Fri May 31, 2013 1:18 pm

Watching the convection east of the Yucatan peninsula, storms are heading west and they may converge with the western disturbance in the BOC or become completely independent. Either way, looks like a slopgyre setup with multiple clusters rotating around each other.
0 likes   

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

#36 Postby ROCK » Fri May 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Sanibel wrote:Not sure but I think the center got pulled over land. Me be toast.

I agree, her remants did get pulled inland some today. Nice wave moving towards the Yuc. Might be the jump start 90L needs right now. Interesting the NHC has put out any percentages? at least a 5-10%?
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#37 Postby cycloneye » Fri May 31, 2013 2:46 pm

ROCK wrote:
Sanibel wrote:Not sure but I think the center got pulled over land. Me be toast.

I agree, her remants did get pulled inland some today. Nice wave moving towards the Yuc. Might be the jump start 90L needs right now. Interesting the NHC has put out any percentages? at least a 5-10%?

Tommorow with the first TWO at 2 AM EDT they start the season.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Ikester
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#38 Postby Ikester » Fri May 31, 2013 2:51 pm

I'm a bit confused actually. Wunderground doesn't have the Invest. The company that provides our station with data doesn't have it in the system. They didn't even know about it. Heck, even the little map thingy at the top of this forum doesn't even show it. What's up with that? I look like an idiot telling people there's an invest because nobody believes me. I have to show them the NHC FTP site for proof.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#39 Postby cycloneye » Fri May 31, 2013 2:58 pm

Ikester wrote:I'm a bit confused actually. Wunderground doesn't have the Invest. The company that provides our station with data doesn't have it in the system. They didn't even know about it. Heck, even the little map thingy at the top of this forum doesn't even show it. What's up with that? I look like an idiot telling people there's an invest because nobody believes me. I have to show them the NHC FTP site for proof.

Is not normal that ATCF not update any invest for many hours. This one was up at 12:28z time and since that time,no further update has occurred. Let's keep waiting as something will occur with it,or it deactivates or they start to update the positions.

ftp://ftp.nhc.noaa.gov/atcf/tcweb/
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

#40 Postby ROCK » Fri May 31, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks Luis, makes sense...... If I had to guess I bet it goes to 5-10% in about 7 hours! :D
0 likes   

Return to “2013”