ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#61 Postby KWT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Earl is certainly a system that is coming to mind as a system that kept on getting adjusted westwards, especially with regards to the first part of its track, at one point models recurved as soon as 40-45W from what I remember, but it kept tracking near due west till around 55-60W.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

Jimsot
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: ATL: INVEST 94L

#62 Postby Jimsot » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:25 pm

http://www.anguilla-weather.com/Earl1.JPG

EARL makes the turn a little too late for Anguilla. The SW winds were wicked.
Last edited by tolakram on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed direct image link
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#63 Postby cycloneye » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Remains at 10%.

DISORGANIZED SHOWER AND THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUES IN
ASSOCIATION WITH A TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED IN THE EASTERN ATLANTIC
BETWEEN THE CAPE VERDE ISLANDS AND THE WEST COAST OF AFRICA. SOME
SLOW DEVELOPMENT OF THIS SYSTEM IS POSSIBLE DURING THE NEXT FEW
DAYS. THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW CHANCE...10 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS IT MOVES TOWARD THE
WEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#64 Postby cycloneye » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 pm

18z Best Track

Down in latitude from 11.6N at 12z to 11.2N now.

AL, 94, 2012081718, , BEST, 0, 112N, 237W, 20, 1009, DB

ftp://ftp.nhc.noaa.gov/atcf/tcweb/inves ... 012.invest
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#65 Postby Gustywind » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Same latitude than the previous position and continues to progress westward.

17/1745 UTC 11.1N 24.0W TOO WEAK 94L
17/1145 UTC 11.1N 23.1W TOO WEAK 94L

:rarrow: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/tdpositions.html
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#66 Postby Gustywind » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:09 pm

2 PM TWD

AXNT20 KNHC 171752
TWDAT

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
205 PM EDT FRI AUG 17 2012

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION FOR NORTH AMERICA...CENTRAL
AMERICA...GULF OF MEXICO...CARIBBEAN SEA...NORTHERN SECTIONS
OF SOUTH AMERICA...AND ATLANTIC OCEAN TO THE AFRICAN COAST
FROM THE EQUATOR TO 32N. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS BASED
ON SATELLITE IMAGERY...WEATHER OBSERVATIONS...RADAR...AND
METEOROLOGICAL ANALYSIS.

BASED ON 1200 UTC SURFACE ANALYSIS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY
THROUGH 1715 UTC.

...TROPICAL WAVES...

A LOWER AMPLITUDE TROPICAL WAVE IS OFF THE COAST OF WEST AFRICA
EXTENDING FROM 16N19W TO 8N21W MOVING W AT 15 KT. SCATTERED
MODERATE CONVECTION IS FROM 9N-13N BETWEEN 19W-24W.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#67 Postby tolakram » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:11 pm

It has a ways to go. Saved loop:

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#68 Postby gatorcane » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Starting to show up on the wide-range Atlantic loop...given the model support and time of year, it has all the makings of classic Cape Verde hurricane....

Last edited by gatorcane on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#69 Postby Gustywind » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Please, help :lol: can someone put a fresh pic of 94L ? :)
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#70 Postby Gustywind » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Oh , that's nice thanks to you Aric :).
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#71 Postby cycloneye » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 pm

tolakram wrote:It has a ways to go. Saved loop:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8194/zzmovie.gif

There are two competing circulations trying to fight to see which will be the dominant one. And while that is gong on,it keeps moving west.
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#72 Postby KWT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Nothing too outstanding at the moment there, but a slow brewer is a major issue down the line.

Still displaying the look of multiple circulations, convection is quite well massed.

Conditions down the line are looking good, the shearing TUTT seems to be a non-issue by the time this gets to that area.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#73 Postby Gustywind » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi Gatorcane :) , do you think that 94L could be a player down the road for the Leewards, Northern Leewards? or not?What are your thougts about this feature? Thanks to you, we always appreciate your comments :) as many others. :D
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#74 Postby Hammy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:16 pm

still seems to be connected to the ITCZ right now

and a small question: what does DB indicate at the end of the best tracks? (instead of using WV or LO which I see other times)
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#75 Postby cycloneye » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Hammy wrote:still seems to be connected to the ITCZ right now

and a small question: what does DB indicate at the end of the best tracks? (instead of using WV or LO which I see other times)

DB=Disturbance.
0 likes   

Weatherfreak000

ATL: INVEST 94L - Models

#76 Postby Weatherfreak000 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:25 pm

WAY WAY too premature to suggest anything about this storm. I can only gather a few assumptions from sat views and model runs, all of which are theories and fantasies....at best. First off, the structure of this invest appears to be superior to that of both Ernesto and TD 7, this seems to suggest that dissipation shall not occur. The variables concerning the weakness are much too hard to digest being so far out, essentially when the invest is in the Eastern ATL range and you know you're only getting 6 hour fixes anyway that should be a good sign to relax and not stress about where it is going and where it should go :lol: but I will say this.....I always had a feeling Issac was going to be the storm to watch. Before you ask, no not because of the name "Issac", just because of typical "I" storm logic which would tell you the brunt of the season usually features the I storm developing, so that is going to be when you watch for large hurricanes.

Prediction here? I say it stays west and moves faster than expected, but not much faster. The three key factors that dictate the model shifts are 1. How south 94L emerged off Africa, which has already occurred and the models already responded. 2. How fast is goes 3. How strong it gets.

Long range is lala land at best, any vet or pro-met will tell you that.

See S2K Disclaimer for professional resources, I am just an amateur, do not take my opinion with anything more than a grain of salt.

0 likes   

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 94L - Models

#77 Postby ROCK » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Weatherfreak000 wrote:WAY WAY too premature to suggest anything about this storm. I can only gather a few assumptions from sat views and model runs, all of which are theories and fantasies....at best. First off, the structure of this invest appears to be superior to that of both Ernesto and TD 7, this seems to suggest that dissipation shall not occur. The variables concerning the weakness are much too hard to digest being so far out, essentially when the invest is in the Eastern ATL range and you know you're only getting 6 hour fixes anyway that should be a good sign to relax and not stress about where it is going and where it should go :lol: but I will say this.....I always had a feeling Issac was going to be the storm to watch. Before you ask, no not because of the name "Issac", just because of typical "I" storm logic which would tell you the brunt of the season usually features the I storm developing, so that is going to be when you watch for large hurricanes.

Prediction here? I say it stays west and moves faster than expected, but not much faster. The three key factors that dictate the model shifts are 1. How south 94L emerged off Africa, which has already occurred and the models already responded. 2. How fast is goes 3. How strong it gets.

Long range is lala land at best, any vet or pro-met will tell you that.

See S2K Disclaimer for professional resources, I am just an amateur, do not take my opinion with anything more than a grain of salt.

Issac is just a horrible name to give to a hurricane, IMO....since the 1900 storm that killed 9,000 people has been unofficially named Issac for the local weather guy on the island at that time. Still surpasses loss of life in all natural disasters for the US to date...including Katrina
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#78 Postby KWT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Might yet end up being Helene, who knows!!

Still there have been storms that have obviously been recruve systems from the get-go...BUT when you have a system down at 10-11N in August and heading west till at least 45W then you always have a risk. The models are reminding me of Earl in the way they kept taking the system further and further west and also reducing the intensity. ECM indeed doesn't really get this going till 45-50W. If that happens then its a totally different ballgame...
0 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

#79 Postby ConvergenceZone » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Issac is just a horrible name to give to a hurricane, IMO....since the 1900 storm that killed 9,000 people has been unofficially named Issac for the local weather guy on the island at that time. Still surpasses loss of life in all natural disasters for the US to date...including Katrina

Why haven't they retired the name Issac? Don't they usually retire them if they've been that severe? or do they only retire it for a certain amount of years?
0 likes   

caneseddy
Category 5
Category 5

#80 Postby caneseddy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:47 pm

ConvergenceZone wrote:

Why haven't they retired the name Issac? Don't they usually retire them if they've been that severe? or do they only retire it for a certain amount of years?

CZ,

Actually the 1900 hurricane did not officially have a name. Like Rock said, it is locally called Isaac because of Isaac Cline, who was the NWS meteorologist on Galveston at the time, and who is famous for trying to warn the island that a hurricane was coming, which many did not heed. A book actually came out called "Isaac's Storm" about the hurricane and his efforts. He lost his entire family in that storm.
Last edited by caneseddy on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Return to “2012”