Problem--need help if possible

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Problem--need help if possible

#1 Postby Guest » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:57 pm

I may have said something a while back about this, but anyway.

I have java; it works in some places. But I cannot get into the chatroom; I ALWAYS get the message Unable to Connect to server...

I also have some trouble loading other java applets (such as games that I tried to load to see if they would work would not load; however, other things that require java; i.e. satellite loops, etc. do work. I would like to be able to get into the chat room, but my capability seems not to work. I have tried just about everything that I can think of--or find to think of. Any suggestions? Thanks.
0 likes   

#2 Postby Guest » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:58 pm

OK, this doesn't seem right since I can't put in my user name and otherwise it says guest..oh well; anyway, this is Scott (ncweatherwizard).
0 likes   

ncweatherwizard
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#3 Postby ncweatherwizard » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:00 pm

I guess I wasn't logged in.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby mf_dolphin » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:36 pm

http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/

click on the "downlaid JRE" and update your Java. That should help :-)
0 likes   

ncweatherwizard
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#5 Postby ncweatherwizard » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:12 am

Oh well, I guess I won't be on anytime lately. :( I had had trouble in the past installing that program that you linked to. I did finally get it to install after four tries, once showing an error than I had insufficient privledges to install...blah blah. :-? It works at home, but I haven't tried it on another computer here. My guess is that they've got the school's network to disable these types of applications. I can load the applet though, I just can't connect to the server. I find this strange, since I can connect to the IRC server for the new chat room on my site. Oh well, I try it when I go home for Christmas, just to see if I can get anything to work.

Thanks anyway.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby chadtm80 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:18 am

Download mirc and I will show you how to use it to connect to our chat room

http://www.mirc.com/get.html
0 likes   

ncweatherwizard
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#7 Postby ncweatherwizard » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:43 pm

I have it downloaded and installed now, although when I tried using it, it still tells me "Unable to Connect to Server..." Maybe I'm just not doing something right. But anyway, let me see what you were going to tell me to do with it first to connect.
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”