Computer problem I have been having

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ColdFront77

Computer problem I have been having

#1 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:56 pm

Reposting because there weren't any replies. Thank you. :)

I have been having this problem for a number of days now...

I have four program icons, located next to the clock, at the right-hand corner of my screen, they are: SB AudioPCI 128D Mixer, Display Properties, Sygate Personal Firewall and Norton AntiVirus

While I am here at Storm2K and/or accessing other sites and at least once - about a half hour ago - when I accidentally clicked "Tools" in the toolbar at the top of the screen... the SB AudioPCI 128 Mixer and Sygate Personal Firewall icons 'disappear' and my computer "acts funny" and basically, if not literally crashes. I then have to reboot.

I should be getting a new computer in the months to come with my brother's assistance. I would like to have the most memory possible (I have 192.0mb, had 64.0mb for most of the nearly 3 1/2 year)

Any ideas why this is occurring? I greatly appreciate it.
0 likes   

WoodstockWX

#2 Postby WoodstockWX » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:52 am

Try a virus check, very odd things happen with viruses get into ur computer.

I have pc-cillin and I still get adware and viruses from time to time.

Recently, my volume on my pc has not existed, as well as some other bizarrities because of infections in the hard drive.

Good luck, and hope it all works out for you!
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#3 Postby ColdFront77 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:46 pm

Thank you, Quincy.

I have checked my computer for viruses over the last several days (including updating the virus list). I have also been using AdAware regularly.

I can't tell if those are the problems, as I am having this problem ever few hours.

After one restart, when I type in a web address in my browser, it doubles the letters and happens again; even worse, thus I have to reboot again.
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”