Deadly fire at subway in South Korea many dead and injured

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Deadly fire at subway in South Korea many dead and injured

#1 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:29 am

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/e ... index.html

But so far this tragedy has nothing to do with a terrorist act but it was a man that aparently has mental problems and he set the fire aboard a subway car but he is under investigation to see the real motives for him to do what he did.

Sadly more than 100 are dead and over 100 injured.
Last edited by cycloneye on Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Rob-TheStormChaser

#2 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:56 am

Watch and see how many people care about this compared to our Chicago tragedy. Wont be much, even though loss of life in tragic ways isnt good for anyone....just that we are in bad ties with these people and most people here wont care as much until it hits home.
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby JQ Public » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:40 pm

I care! (But i know what you mean rob) Best wishes to the families and friends of the vicitims. Two of my friends will be going to school in korea during the summer so i hope this isn't a reoccuring problem :(
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:43 pm

so i hope this isn't a reoccuring problem

Me either
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby wx247 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:45 pm

120 dead, 134 injured, and 165 missing at last count. Yeesh! This is a major story and I am ashamed it is not getting the press/sympathy it deserves.

Garrett :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

VanceWxMan

#6 Postby VanceWxMan » Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:50 pm

I remember riding in the subway in Korea and could not even imagine what to do if the car i was riding in was attacked like that :bo my heart goes out to the peeps in Korea and so does my prayers :(

Aaron
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#7 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:07 pm

Garrett if this tragedy were in the US you can imagine the extensive coverage all day long but I only haved seen a few moments this morning in a transmision from Seoul on CNN.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby JQ Public » Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:10 pm

i agree...and i haven't really seen much about this or the chicago tragedy on fox news, but they are relentless with the darn laci peterson case. I mean its sad, but this is one regular person. There are more important matters in the world.
0 likes   

Rainband

#9 Postby Rainband » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:06 pm

IMHO fire is the worst way to go..God bless all the victims and their family :cry:
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#10 Postby southerngale » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:26 pm

I saw quite a bit of coverage about both stories on Fox News. (and CNN for that matter) Of course the subway fire would have gotten more attention if it happened here at home. But that is just logical...it's always that way. If it wasn't, our cable news stations would constantly be covering foreign news. :?

It is a real tragedy though. I feel so sorry for those people on the subway and can't imagine what they went through. It is truly horrific and senseless.

As far as Laci Peterson goes, I do want to know what happened to her. And I don't think she needs to be a movie star or a political figure for her to be "important." Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC have all given extensive coverage to this case.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Rob-TheStormChaser

#11 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:53 pm

I guess it was a milk container with liquid inside....like a molotav cocktail.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#12 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:59 pm

Yes Rob that was it and the guy is a mental retarded person nothing related to terrorism.
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#13 Postby weatherlover427 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:57 pm

It is indeed sad how the news networks give tons of attention to domestic stories and hardly anything to international news. I am glad that his is not terroristic in nature; but it is unfortunate that it happened in the first place. :(
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”