I just don't GET IT!

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

azsnowman
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Pinetop Arizona. Elevation 7102' (54 miles west of NM border)

I just don't GET IT!

#1 Postby azsnowman » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:50 pm

Ya know, I don't get, what has become of the world when we sit and fight, back stab, bash, name call, run each others name into the ground and ALL OVER A weather message board for Heavens sake, JUST DROP IT! My God, here we are fixing to enter into a war that God only knows the outcome, the use of nukes, the use of bio-chem weapons and here we are gripping and sniveling like abunch of 5 year olds over who got banned, why my admin position was stripped from me, WHO CARES????? I SURE as heck don't, I've got more important things to worry about for Gods sake, like whether or not I'm going to have a home tomorrow, whether or not I'm going to see my son tomorrow morning (he was just put on full time with the Pinetop Fire Dept) I mean come on people, let's get a grip here, so what if you've been banned, WHO REALLY CARES, does your ENTIRE LIFE revolve around a weather board???? If so, I feel VERY, VERY SORRY for you, there's a WHOLE heck of a lot more to this life than worrying about whether or not you can post on a weather board. If I'm stripped of my admin postition here, then so be it....I refuse to BASH someone over something as trivial as a message board, I've got BETTER things to do with my life at the moment!

Dennis
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Stephanie » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:55 pm

You Go Dennis!

Hope you're feeling better!!! :wink: :roll: :D

Okay, let me clarify this, now that I just read the other posts of the mass banning going on over at TWC...

Dennis, you're absolutely correct in saying that there's a HELL of alot more to life than worrying about whether we were banned from TWC boards or not. The truth is, as we had stated on many occassions there it felt like a family and now we're cut off. It was a very special place to gather and meet people and discuss weather and life and then with no explanation it was taken away, only to be explained later. Now there's a mass banning, probably because they don't want any additional postings of how well "the other" board is doing and invitations. That's fine, but once again, all they are doing is treating their customers like poop once again. Yes, it is their board and they can do what they want with it. Someday, they may even get back up to some semblance of the amount of posters that they had before once the dust has settled. BUT, that probably won't be the case if they can't face and /or take any kind of criticism of their product, services, whatever. If they can't, then they may as well take down the boards altogether. It seems to me that "the new direction" that TWC has been going in over the past few years which has been debated over at those boards are definately not customer friendly.

Well, I guess I'm banned now...their loss, not mine!
Last edited by Stephanie on Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#3 Postby ColdFront77 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:59 pm

I wouldn't consider my or anyone else's life revolving around a weather messageboard. But when you have nothing else to do rather than surfing the internet... coming to weather message boards is part of the majority of my time spent online.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby cycloneye » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:59 pm

Excellent words Dennis. :D
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:01 pm

I have to agree with az... Lets just forget it.. What twc has done in some cases is rediculous imo, but forget them.. You all seem to agree that this is a fun place with a bunch of great people so lets just leave it at that... All the bickering and "attacks" over there just make us look bad as well... Lets start on having our own fun and leave all the TWC crap behind us. Im ready to have some real fun with you guys. :D as Austin powers would say...S2K is groovy baby Image thats all that maters
0 likes   

Azsnowman.....

#6 Postby Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:01 pm

I couldn't have said it better. As one of the three Admin's on this board - I think its time we move on and get off the topic of being banned at TWC!

I myself have better things to do - I harbor no ill feelings toward TWC. They will always exist and now its time to FOCUS on the website and make it the best we can.

Again I suggest everyone read AZSnowman's post and lets move forward!

Have a great day!
Patricia aka Ticka1
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#7 Postby ColdFront77 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:03 pm

It was an issue, so it was brought up. Like anything else we had a point of mentioning it for discussion and now this should be the time it wanes to perhaps some alluding to it, also like most topics.

On the same topic... the posts about "leaving TWC" on their boards were removed, apparently at the same time the "Pot Belly Stove" was unpinned.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#8 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:08 pm

Wow Dennis...you go man! We are about friendships and meeting new people here with a common interest I'd think. While most things are 'trivial' as you eloquently put it, my life doesnt revolve around these boards as well. If I was Admin here, I still wouldnt put in as much time as I do now. I know I have a life, a family and a ton of friends and people who intersect my daily life constantly. Dont let the post count fool you. Its just that its winter and I have more time here than anything and when I can devote my time to something relating to what I love, then so be it. People got misplaced from one board to another, so we are now in a better place and a growing, close-knit group here, I'd hate to see anyone here go...there is no reason for it. Message boards, no matter if they are sports, weather, or news, will always be controversial and have people discussing one thing or another. They get heated and compared all the time, its just that the people that have a long standing and realistic interest in their devotion and dedication is what makes the message board alive and full of neverending energy. With that, I'll keep on doing what I always do....talk on these boards. I'm here to stay since TWC doesnt care about their people...and that is blatently obvious! Peace! 8)
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:11 pm

I agree that the time has come to get off the TWC issue folks. What happened was unfortunate but the time has come to get off the subject. Storm2k was formed to give everyone a a nice place to socialize and discuss the weather and the world. Let's concentrate on that and leave the other behind us! :D
0 likes   

Rainband

#10 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:13 pm

I agree if I offended anyone sorry. Just trying to give you guys the respect you deserve and I thought they treated you badly...I again am sorry and it is squashed... :wink:
0 likes   

Skywatch_NC
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby Skywatch_NC » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:15 pm

As hard as it IS...yes it's time to bury TWC disdain and MOVE on! ;)

Swallows *GULP* hard! :)

Eric ;)
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#12 Postby cycloneye » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:17 pm

Agree with the administrators that let's move on and enjoy this board that offers many things to the members because that is their problem what they are doing so as chad said forget about it and move on because this is the #1 board around the net. :D :D :D
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Rob-TheStormChaser

#13 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:20 pm

I agree with you guys...as I do believe that this last little BS incident that JohnAdmin pulled is the last chapter. I realize that I might be the center of this whole hoopla but you have to admit, there were all of us who were on the same page about them, and it made for great headlines here as well. Had it not been for the demise of their site, we'd not be here. I know that had I not said anything, I may or may not have been banned from there. Either way, I never went back after I emailed them wanting a simple answer. I finally got it today and as I said before...whats happened there is now the last stage I believe in all of this drama. There is/was a concensus here that all jumped on the bandwagon, so no one here should feel innocent about what was said. With that, I'll get back to driving on and I wanted to see what my 2 cents mattered...if at all, for anyone else here. Thanks for listening! We now return to your regularly scheduled programming........... :popcorn:
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

A formal request from the Admin staff

#14 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:21 pm

In the interest of calming the waters and moving forward, Ticka, Chad and I would like to request that no more posts are made at TWC refering to Storm2k. There is plenty of room in the world for everyone. We are glad that our family has grown lets help it grow the right way, by making this truly the "Best Board on the Net"

btw I finally saw the sun today again wooohooo :D
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15 Postby Stephanie » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:24 pm

Great idea Marshall!
:P
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#16 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:24 pm

Actually Marshall...I couldnt get on there...I had so many email addys that they squashed them all. While I didnt sway from here at all even to make a new name, I wasnt going anywhere. I've emailed people to come here, and whether or not they come is up to them. To each his own and thats the best word of mouth I can offer...and not to cross the lines either.
0 likes   

Skywatch_NC
Category 5
Category 5

#17 Postby Skywatch_NC » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:25 pm

You have my word of promise Marshall. :)

Time to turn over that new leaf entirely and enjoy the FUN with our Storm2K Family now!! :D :)

Eric :)
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

hmmm

#18 Postby JQ Public » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:48 pm

Well put az...as always :)
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#19 Postby streetsoldier » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:23 pm

Ok, I'm for it....let it go.
0 likes   

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

#20 Postby pojo » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:33 pm

Me too, I'm just adding my 2 cents...and well, then I'm dropping the subject.

This is just a small portion of our lifespan and why most of us all of a sudden decide to backstab TWC...well only God himself knows. Just because you were banned from TWC doesn't mean that you should scream, cuss and gripe about it. Just move on and drop it...its done and over with.

I am still a member with TWC, and I don't want to say anything that, in the long run, will get my butt in a jam. I would like to stay a member of both of these boards...which means, that I will watch what I type.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”