Explosions at the Boston marathon

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Explosions at the Boston marathon

#1 Postby Brent » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Looks like terrorism...

Two explosions went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday as runners completed the race and thousands of people cheered them on. The blasts were described by race organizers as two bombs, and witnesses told NBC News that there were widespread injuries, some severe.

Video from the finish line showed screams and an enormous cloud of white smoke, and about 20 seconds between the blasts. The Associated Press reported that bloody spectators were being carried to a medical tent that had been set up to care for tired runners.

Jackie Bruno, a reporter for New England Cable News, said on Twitter that she saw people’s legs blown off.

“Runners were coming in and saw unspeakable horror,” she said.
0 likes   
#neversummer

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Explosions at the Boston marathon

#2 Postby cycloneye » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:27 pm

@AP: BREAKING: Intelligence official: 2 more explosive devices found at Boston Marathon; being dismantled
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:15 pm

At least 45 injured, 2 dead, legs blown off.
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Tireman4 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:34 pm

As a runner, this hurts. We dream of Boston. We watched Boston growing up as teenagers. We watched Rodgers, Samuelson, and Salazar and had our favorites growing up. ( Mine was and still is Alberto Salazar). This hurts. Deep. As a human, it hurts still. Although I am not a marathoner ( I am a 10ker) one day I would love to qualify for Boston. This hurts.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#5 Postby Ntxw » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:14 pm

We'll bring whoever did this to justice. Prayers to everyone in Boston and god bless America! :flag:
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby cycloneye » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:20 pm

My prayers go to the families of those who died and to those that were injured have a speedy recovery.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby Stephanie » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:54 pm

My thoughts and prayers are going out to the victims of this horrible, senseless, act of terrorism. The person or people that committed this deserve the same faqte, IMHO. :grr:
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby Gustywind » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:54 pm

NBA news

Boston versus Indiana game canceled

Posted Apr 15, 2013 8:20 PM
:rarrow: http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/15/bost ... index.html

NEW YORK (Official Release) -- National Basketball Association game scheduled for Tuesday, April 16 between the Indiana Pacers and the Boston Celtics at TD Garden has been canceled. The game will not be rescheduled.

The NBA expresses its sympathy to all those affected by the tragedy in Boston earlier today.
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby StormingB81 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:57 pm

They also postponed the Bruins game against the Senators
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby angelwing » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:15 pm

I saw this on Twitter......
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby wx247 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Is anyone else a bit concerned about this being more than just an isolated incident? I wasn't worried about it until news broke this evening regarding the Mississippi Senator and a letter to his office testing positive for ricin. It just sounds similar to the situation around 9/11. I hope I am wrong. My thoughts and prayers to those impacted by the tragedy in Boston.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

HurricaneBill
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#12 Postby HurricaneBill » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:50 am

wx247 wrote:Is anyone else a bit concerned about this being more than just an isolated incident? I wasn't worried about it until news broke this evening regarding the Mississippi Senator and a letter to his office testing positive for ricin. It just sounds similar to the situation around 9/11. I hope I am wrong. My thoughts and prayers to those impacted by the tragedy in Boston.

This reminds me more of the 1996 Olympic Park bombing.
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby StormingB81 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:49 am

2 things...Yes most of you know I am a huge Yankees fan and what a classy move by the biggest foe of the Red sox in the New York Yankees to put the 2 logos together with teh words we stand united and playing Neil Diamons "Sweet Caroline" It shows the Life is more then Sport and together we can combat evil!

My other comment is I am afraid that this one is home grown. I believe the Ricen was an isoloated incident but I have a feeling when the news comes out it will be a domestic terrorist who is at fault for the bombing. How someone can do this to our own people baffles me but it has been done before but we will all see when the evidence speeks for itself and find out exactly what happend. I dont want to jump to conclussions lets see hwat the evidence says just a fear of mine that it is home grown. Just my opinion.
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby wx247 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:30 am

President Obama is now said to have been sent a suspicious letter that has tested positive for ricin.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#15 Postby cycloneye » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:37 pm

CNN is reporting that a breaktrough has occurred in the investigation as a video from a store near the finish line may have caught the individual responsible. There will be a conference at 5 PM EDT when more details about that will come.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#16 Postby cycloneye » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Finnally we have faces to look at as the FBI released the photos.

0 likes   

gigabite
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#17 Postby gigabite » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:40 pm

wx247 wrote:Is anyone else a bit concerned about this being more than just an isolated incident? I wasn't worried about it until news broke this evening regarding the Mississippi Senator and a letter to his office testing positive for ricin. It just sounds similar to the situation around 9/11. I hope I am wrong. My thoughts and prayers to those impacted by the tragedy in Boston.

I think this is a product of our open society that gives a foreign adversary a chance to use a "voice of God weapon" with prolonged brain washing techniques on mentally ill individuals to carry out their agenda with impunity. I believe John Hinckley was an example of the end result.

It might be my "tin foil hat" acting up, but I don't think that statistics can relate a string of events like this as some type of collective delayed stress syndrome.
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#18 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:50 am

BREAKING NEWS: The guy in the Black had is reported dead the guy in the white is on the run very serious situation in MA today! State police calling it a grave situation! The believe they are the bombing suspects 1 is dead 1 is on the run!

cycloneye wrote:Finnally we have faces to look at as the FBI released the photos.

0 likes   

tomboudreau
Category 5
Category 5

#19 Postby tomboudreau » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:44 am

It sounds like all he** is breaking lose up there this morning. One dead the other on the run. The one that is dead is believed to have explosives on his body. 4 universities are closed. The ENTIRE MTSB system is shutdown. People in several communities are being told to not go anyway. The entire town of Watertown is closed where no one is allowed to come and go.
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#20 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:09 am

They are from Chechnya and been here in Country for more then a year.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”