G4TV Ends As We Know It

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

G4TV Ends As We Know It

#1 Postby TexasStooge » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:38 pm

G4 Canceling X-Play, Attack of the Show. Gaming Programming Nixed

G4—the network once known as the go-to destination for video game-friendly programming—is ending its gaming programming. The network is informing its employees in meetings today.

We've heard that G4's major video-game and geek-culture shows, including X-Play and Attack of the Show will be cancelled today by the network. A source close to the situation says that it's not clear if the shows will last through the year or be cancelled immediately. The rumor is that the network will shift to something more like an "Esquire" or "GQ" channel. This aligns with reports that NBC Universal was looking to rebrand the channel as alifestyle network focused on "the modern male."

Full Story and Tweets from G4's current and former Personnel on this link.

Although I never watch either show on G4 (I mainly tune in for "Ninja Warrior" and a few other programs of my interest including "Proving Ground" and "Unbeatable Banzuke"), I knew something was afoul with the network the moment they were given a new graphics package overhaul in late May. Not to mention another shift in the channel's programming schedule to this point. I wonder what will happen with "Ninja Warrior" as well as our US Counterpart "American Ninja Warrior".
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Cyclenall » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:21 am

This is a very dumb idea for that channel, not that I get it or have seen any of its shows. There isn't really a TV channel for video games but G4TV was very close if not the one so them taking that away will hasten its demise as a network like NBC which owns it.
0 likes   

tomboudreau
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby tomboudreau » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:00 pm

I quit watching when they went away from TechTV to G4. There was no programming worth watching at that point.
0 likes   

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby TexasStooge » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:02 am

January 23rd was the Last Hurrah for both "X-Play" and "Attack of the Show". To cut to the chase, here are their final few moments of the 2 shows.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9tjKtkVvao[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz5b7RZ6OOw[/youtube]

"G4: TV That's Plugged In...........to Life Support."
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Cyclenall » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:16 am

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." --- LAME!! :roll: :roll: :roll: Seriously, this garbage from YouTube needs to end. This is the Internet, the whole point is so that all information is FREE for everyone worldwide, get that Metube? They're fighting a losing battle, I have endless ways of obtaining the same content no matter the putrid changes they try and force on us.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”