Canadians hold two Pakistanis at U.S. border

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Rainband

#21 Postby Rainband » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:08 pm

LOL Rob I wrote it...Johnathan R Bieckmann = Rainband lmao
Last edited by Rainband on Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#22 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:10 pm

lol John...I knew I saw that name somewhere. Nice piece though...truly.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#23 Postby streetsoldier » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:13 pm

There are so many good, insightful writers in here, "left" AND "right"; we should get together and start a current-affairs magazine!

What I have seen in this forum easily exceeds the so-called "pundits" we have to bear with, in print and over the tube, day-in and day-out. If only...?

A thought from the "streetsoldier"
0 likes   

Rainband

#24 Postby Rainband » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:20 pm

Thank you all but I wish it never happened and thus would never have been written :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby wx247 » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:32 pm

Great discussion guys. Just to add a little information from the AP wires that I received earlier this afternoon. It seems that these two men were in posession of some sort of explosive device. I am trying to find out more information.

Garrett :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#26 Postby streetsoldier » Sat Feb 15, 2003 8:58 pm

The phrase I heard was "bomb-makling materials", but do keep us informed of developments (I can't right now...the family is serving up rented DVDs for tonight's tube menu... :cry: ).
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby JQ Public » Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:01 pm

hehe a current-affairs magazine would sound fun wouldn't it?! Uh oh not looking good...keep us up to date with the info y'all.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#28 Postby streetsoldier » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:40 am

Just heard that seven more well-armed terrorists were apprehended in Bahrain, before they could carry out their mission (the U.S. Navy HQ is there, and the speculation is that naval persionnel were targeted).
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#29 Postby southerngale » Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:47 am

Sadly Rainband, the sentiments you expressed are felt by many Americans. Wanting to trust like before, but horrible memories from that tragic day advise you otherwise. Going on with life as usual so you don't let those cowards get the best of you, yet always looking over your shoulder. Simple acts can now be deemed as suspicious behavior (such as pulling into a mall, parking your car, and getting into another car with your friend). If we see that, we are supposed to report it. Funny thing is that I do that occasionally if I'm meeting a friend or my sister, etc. Yes, our world as we once knew it has changed forever.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Return to “Off Topic”