AZSNOWMAN Hope You're Feeling Alot Better Buddie

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#21 Postby streetsoldier » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:48 pm

JUST GOT AN E-MAIL FROM MICHELLE

Dennis is going to be "out of service" for quite a while....Michelle will be picking up his E-mails, and they ask for prayer and feedback.

"az snowman" also asked why he caught so much **** from some of the posters on that "last day"; he was as disenchanted as everyone else, but all he was doing was his job... :cry: (Please try to make it up to him...he already has a full plate...B.)

More....vbhoutex got a "pink slip" at work...officially "lay-off", but he sees trouble ahead. Take a little time and send HIM some good news?

None of us has so many friends that even one should be lost or ignored, right? :larrow:
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

get better az

#22 Postby coriolis » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:18 pm

Hopefully you'll be kickin butt soon.
0 likes   
This space for rent.

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Gee, I hope that it's nothing really

#23 Postby Stephanie » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:56 pm

serious if he's going to be out of commission for a while. However, he did say that he thought that he'd be out for 7 - 10 days just before he went into surgery.

I know that Dennis, TLC and even JohnAdmin were only doing what they were told to do regarding locking the posts and even banning Rob and others. I feel that "something wicked this way comes" that night and they probably were all being monitored themselves. The whole situation was poorly executed, and thought out and alot got caught in the cross fire. TWC has noone to blame but themselves. I felt sorry for Dennis and TLC that night inparticular.

I did hear from VB also about his situation. I'm sorry that the change in his job couldn't have been on his own terms. I know how frustrated he was with the job due to the new management. I hope that he does find something soon.
0 likes   

Skywatch_NC
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby Skywatch_NC » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:54 pm

The only finger of blame sadly I pointed out during TWC fiasco of the poorly executed and sudden demise of the Off-Topic Forum was towards The Head Admin John. He seriously needs to hone up on his manner of dealing with posters a whole lot better in my opinion...and not treating them like they are "second class" so to say! Just my own personal opinion.

Both Dennis and TLC are awesome Mod/Admins and always will be in my eyes!! :D :)

Dennis, you're in my continued prayers in the coming days and weeks as you continue your convalescence.

David, you're in prayers, too, for your job situation.

Eric
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#25 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:19 am

The last 3 posts made I fully agree. While I cannot speculate on all the behind the scenes of that fateful night, I also realize that JohnAdmin probably had Dennis and Tracy running like robots at the helm and more than likely wanted to test their abilities in how they handled all of the flack.

I emailed Dennis that night and got no response....in the past he's taken the time to do so. Now I dont have anything against Dennis, but I did get a warning awhile back, but that was for some 'bickering' posts by others that I seemed to add to the mix.

I realize that what a person says is mighty powerful and can lead to a sudden demise. Either way, it still warrants a reason IMO and all the whys and whos and whats as well. I dont hold anything against Dennis personally, but I'm still waiting for an explanation...in his words all of what happened.

For now, I hope he is recovering, God knows when I was hurt, MY Michelle informed him of my daily events since I hold that respect for the man. I just wish he'd do the same for me. Dennis, please....if you can read this or have someone patch this to you, have Michelle email me and give me a heads up on your situation.

I am genuinely concerned. Without you, most of the sanity I had left was gone. You kept your cool under adverse conditions and also you were there for me when I needed a few questions answered. I know you're in no real condition to tell me anything, but I'm pretty sure you still have my pager # from when Michelle gave it to you to post in TWC when I was down.

If anything I hope that you or her can email me, even the slightest message, on whats going on and all I can say is....I really hope you are well enough in the short term to relate all the happenings from that day onward. If I was a cause for some of the crap you received that night, well I'm sorry for that, but you must know where my head was at the time...I just simply wanted to know why. i could go on and on, but an email directly from the source is all I need...and hope to see you posting soon.

Just remember Dennis...what I emailed you is also what I emailed almost everyone here as well and I didnt think it was too terse...I just wanted a reason..and I still have none. Take care and dont worry about anything but recovery...I'll catch you later on a more positive note.
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#26 Postby weatherlover427 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:39 am

I have to agree with the last 4 posts as well, including Rob's. He, and everyone else who jumped ship from TWCMB, had every right to do so. The stuff that they were pulling over there was not right and frankly, I am glad that it is backfiring on them.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#27 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:44 am

No doubt Josh...at least here when you speak your mind, whether mad or not, you'll not get bitched at like you're some 10 year old and treated so much better! I just noticed over on tWC...in the last 14 hours, there have only been 182 posts...normally it would be 3 times that easy! They are falling through the holes farther and farther.....at least now they can be within their budget limits...what a joke!
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#28 Postby wx247 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:18 am

Joshua19Young wrote:I have to agree with the last 4 posts as well, including Rob's. He, and everyone else who jumped ship from TWCMB, had every right to do so. The stuff that they were pulling over there was not right and frankly, I am glad that it is backfiring on them.

Hey Joshua! Did you ever get my e-mail or did you stumble over here on your own? ;) Either way it is great to have you here.

All of you make good points...let's continue to keep Dennis in our thoughts and prayers as well as VB!!

Garrett :agrue:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

azsnowman
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Pinetop Arizona. Elevation 7102' (54 miles west of NM border)

#29 Postby azsnowman » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:35 pm

HOWDY! Well, I'm back but on a VERY limited bases for the time being, I can't sit for more than 4-5 minutes at the time. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for ALL of your concerns and prayers, there is a LOT to be said for the power of prayer and let me tell ya, for those of you who don't believe in it, you SHOULD, I'm PROOF that it does work! Thanks again, really makes a guy feel wanted :D

Dennis 8)
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#30 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:39 pm

Dennis, good to see you back...I have traveled many roads like that even recently. I hope you take the time to read up on all the doings here and also about yourself. Aside from the usual fireworks, I just want to let bygones be bygones and hope you can retain yourself back to working order and strong enough to do daily routines. Its not easy...I have an operation slated soon as well and I had a real scare with the heart thing too. I'm just happy that things always, for the most part, pan out and become better in the future.
0 likes   

isobar
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby isobar » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:41 pm

Wahoo, the snowman is back - sort of. Glad you're here, even if for a few minutes. The prayers are still a'cranking.

Crummy news about David, but sometimes those pink slips are a blessing in disguise. I pray that God will open the right door for him quickly.
0 likes   

black opal
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#32 Postby black opal » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:47 pm

Hi Dennis, How is the recovery? Been through foot surgery myself a couple of times, Ouch! I remember well. Hope your doing alright. :D
0 likes   

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#33 Postby Pburgh » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:57 pm

:D Hey Dennis,

Your five minutes are up, now go back to bed. lol All of our prayers were answered. So glad you're on the mend.
Take care my friend
Karan
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#34 Postby streetsoldier » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:44 pm

Well, it may have only been five minutes...but he said it ALL in that space of time.

Question of the day; how does he get any rest for his foot with the Muttley Crew on board???? :?:
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#35 Postby Stormsfury » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:29 pm

Dennis, glad to see you back even if it was for a brief cameo while you recover ... get well real soon, and hopefully you won't overdo it with that snow coming in your forecasts!!!!....
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#36 Postby weatherlover427 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:04 am

Hey Dennis! :D Nice to see you around for a little while. Hope that foot heals ASAP and that this southwestern storm materializes! :D
0 likes   

M2

#37 Postby M2 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:02 am

Good to see you're on the mend Dennis. A snowcone for you, soup for us later this week - a real smorgesborg in the wx department. Now you can say "bye-bye bark beetle" :D Tell Michelle & Chris I said howdy too. Take care.

M2 :Fade-color
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#38 Postby southerngale » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:53 am

Get plenty of rest and hope you start feeling a whole lot better real soon.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Return to “Off Topic”