Windows Update taking over 24 hours to download

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Windows Update taking over 24 hours to download

#1 Postby DaylilyDawn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Last night Windows Update said it was downloading updates so I left it alone and went to bed. I got up this morning and it was on 50 % downloaded. It currently says it is at 70 percent downloaded. Has any one else had this happen? It is only on my desktop that this happening on running Windows 7 Home premium version.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Windows Update taking over 24 hours to download

#2 Postby angelwing » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 pm

This happened on our one laptop, I think it took about 14 hours and the laptop is our old Gateway that this was on. Can't remember what it did with our desktop would have to ask the hubby, (our desktop is about 10 years old, sigh)
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby DaylilyDawn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:09 pm

My laptop is about 5 years old and my desktop is about 3 years old.Laptop is running Vista, Desktop with came with Vista with upgrade to Windows 7 when I bought it.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby angelwing » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:55 am

Hmmm, our laptops are 7 and 4 and the desktop the hubby has updated the innards numerous times, but its about 12 years old (we really need a new one he complains he can't play Halo on it, lol). I'm at a loss now, I thought since they are so old it was just for that reason.

Hopefully someone else can answer this
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:31 am

When I got up this morning for crossing guard duty, I noticed the update windows icon was now gone. It hadn't shut down the desktop so I have no idea what update it was or how big it was. It was still there when I went to bed last night and still hadn't finished downloading. It was at 91 % when I went to bed.
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Cyclenall » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:13 pm

angelwing wrote:This happened on our one laptop, I think it took about 14 hours and the laptop is our old Gateway that this was on. Can't remember what it did with our desktop would have to ask the hubby, (our desktop is about 10 years old, sigh)

I thought you were a male this whole time! :eek: :shave:

There is something funny about these Windows updates...I might have heard similar things before but needless to say that is why I don't do them. One of the most annoying things about Windows is its updating system and the ramifications of doing them.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”