Gangnam Style to hit 1 billion views on Dec 21st

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Gangnam Style to hit 1 billion views on Dec 21st

#1 Postby Extratropical94 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:41 am

Psy's mega hit Gangnam Style is getting closer to the magical number of 1,000,000,000 views. Currently it looks like the video will reach that milestone on the day the world is said to go down, December 21, 2012.
There's a web page that uses an algorithm to accurately calculate the live view count of Gangnam Style.
Edit: I removed the link because it now links to a stuff site :roll:
Edit 2: They've done it. Psy's video officially reached 1 billion views on YouTube.
0 likes   
54° 11' 59'' N, 9° 9' 20'' E
Boomer Sooner!
Go Broncos! Go Cards! Go Niners!
- Daniel

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby WeatherGuesser » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:47 am

This just proves the human population continues to get dumber and dumber by the day.
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#3 Postby HURAKAN » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:23 am

It's very catchy!! Love that song!!
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby StormingB81 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:43 am

Its not over 1 billion hits with 1,013,951,644 views and counting
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Gangnam Style to hit 1 billion views on Dec 21st

#5 Postby HURAKAN » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:55 am

GANGNAM STYLE SHATTERS GUINNESS WORLD RECORD

http://news.discovery.com/tech/gangnam- ... gn=rssnws1

"YouTube has crowned a new king. South Korean rapper Psy and his smash hit "Gangnam Style" has broken a Guinness world record to become the first ever video to reach a billion views."
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Gangdumb Style

#6 Postby Cyclenall » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:04 am

WeatherGuesser wrote:This just proves the human population continues to get dumber and dumber by the day.

I'm so glad someone else here posted the exact same thing I was going to say. I don't expect much from the general population these days but seriously this is just awful. It seems like the more simple and outlandish but at the same time almost lame something is, the more explosive the popularity...

Here is some extra rant for those who have bothered to read this. A new world record and a new low for humanity. I feel like I could come up with something better than that nonsense. First it was the Bieber's Baby video that had half a billion views and then this. Unreal, world. I can think up an endless list of better videos to reach that milestone. If you had told me over a year ago that this would be the first video to reach 1 billion...I would die mocking the one who said that. <Sighs> we also have Honey Boo Boo and The Crapdashians to torment us.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Gangdumb Style

#7 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:00 am

Cyclenall wrote:
WeatherGuesser wrote:This just proves the human population continues to get dumber and dumber by the day.

I'm so glad someone else here posted the exact same thing I was going to say. I don't expect much from the general population these days but seriously this is just awful. It seems like the more simple and outlandish but at the same time almost lame something is, the more explosive the popularity...

Here is some extra rant for those who have bothered to read this. A new world record and a new low for humanity. I feel like I could come up with something better than that nonsense. First it was the Bieber's Baby video that had half a billion views and then this. Unreal, world. I can think up an endless list of better videos to reach that milestone. If you had told me over a year ago that this would be the first video to reach 1 billion...I would die mocking the one who said that. <Sighs> we also have Honey Boo Boo and The Crapdashians to torment us.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO USE for someone who has advocated killing Americans!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Gangdumb Style

#8 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:20 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
Cyclenall wrote:

I have ABSOLUTELY NO USE for someone who has advocated killing Americans!!

^This

I heard that from my art teacher, that he made a song about killing American troops.
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

Return to “Off Topic”