US troop deployments so far in persian gulf theater

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

US troop deployments so far in persian gulf theater

#1 Postby cycloneye » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:05 pm

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2002/iraq/deployment.map/

135,000 personnel are already in the area of the persian gulf and more troops will go in the next few weeks.

The question is how much time will those men and women will be waiting for the order to come and start the military action.

If the president gives the order they with what they have now over there have the capacity to do it but they want to be more complete and with more pieces there to make the operation easy and quick.

My opinion is that a key date will be march 14 dont know why but that date is comming to my thinking when the action might begin but time will tell if the new moon phase will be taken under consideration and begin earlier than the 14th instead by early march.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby streetsoldier » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:17 am

CNN's people are idiots! In war planning, it does NOT pay to advertise, or (using boxing terminology) "telegraph" your moves.

Saddam, more likely than not, has access to the same map...and can make counterplanning accordingly.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Since when have any news organizations...

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:06 am

NOT BEEN IDIOTS!! THEY ARE ALWAYS CHASING THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR WITH ATTEMPTS TO SCOOP EVERYONE. IMO, what some of them do is tantamount to treason, such as the live invasion of Somalia we saw!!! Those news people should have been prosecuted IMO. I'm sorry to tell them but WE ARE AT WAR and imo that negates their right to broadcast anything they want. Call it censorship or whatever you want, but THEY ARE ENDANGERING OUR TROOPS!!!!

And if any of you think I am a warmonger, you couldn't be further from the truth!! I PRAY EACH DAY THAT THE LEADERS OF THE WORLD FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS STANDOFF SO THAT NO ONE WILL HAVE TO DIE!!WE ALL SHOULD BE DOING THIS EVERYDAY!! The last thing I want to see is an invasion of any country, much less Iraq. I AM AGAINST ANY WAR!!! BUT I AM EVEN MORE AGAINST ENDANGERING U.S. OR FOR THAT MATTER ANY TROOPS BY BROADCASTING ON A WORLDWIDE BASIS STRATEGIC INFORMATION!!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#4 Postby streetsoldier » Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:17 am

WOW....I wasn't expecting such a demonstrative harangue from so gentle a person, but I do understand your outrage.
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby wx247 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:14 am

streetsoldier wrote:CNN's people are idiots! In war planning, it does NOT pay to advertise, or (using boxing terminology) "telegraph" your moves.

Saddam, more likely than not, has access to the same map...and can make counterplanning accordingly.

Not to discount your opinion on CNN, but if displaying where the US/Coalition forces are currently located is your justification for calling CNN "idiots" then so is FOX NEWS because they discussed that information in-depth with the telestrator on Saturday and again yesterday afternoon as well...and that was just in the limited time I was watching.

Garrett :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby cycloneye » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:21 am

And also MSNBC they are in the situation room so everyone in the media circules are positioning to get the most audience prewar and then to mantain those people when war breaks up.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

Rob-TheStormChaser

#7 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:45 am

Even if Saddam knows...he's gonna lose many thousand people....look at the 1st war.....CNN was the premiere follower and I'm sure he got reports as well linked to him....but he got wiped out either way.
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:15 am

Sad part about that is Saddam doesn't care! He deliberately puts his people in danger, what a nutjob, I'll be happy when he's gone!! I definitely agree though about newsstations broadcasting play-by-play's of what's happening, it isn't smart!! God Bless the troops!
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:15 pm

The troop deployments and staging areas in the Persian Gulf are being made public by the White House and the Pentagon. So in this case they're only reporting on public information. You have to assume that we want Saddam to know exactly how encircled he's getting :lol:
Last edited by mf_dolphin on Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Rainband

#10 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:18 pm

I respect freedom of the press but SHUT UP!!! ABOUT TROOP MOVEMENTS AND SENSITIVE INFO GHEEZ Ok I feel better now LMAO!!! :lol: :)
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#11 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:18 pm

As I said before...it doesnt matter if CNN was firing a 155 downrange...Saddam still will get waxed in this little 'chess game'.
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby wx247 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:47 pm

I agree Rob. This information is not secret. The White House IS the one letting all the networks CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, REUTERS, UPI, AP, ETC. know where the troops are located.

Believe me...I am POSITIVE that there is information that the military doesn't want out that ISN'T at this time.

Garrett :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#13 Postby cycloneye » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:52 pm

Also there is plenty of classified informaton that the CIA doesn't put out because it may compromise the source but I agree with Garrett that the the WH wants deliberatly information about troops movements and deployments out to show Saddam that the US is not bluffing.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”