Look what Saddam has in plans for the US when they get in

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Look what Saddam has in plans for the US when they get in

#1 Postby cycloneye » Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:08 am

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... &printer=1

Delay and urbanwarfare will be the battelefield of the republican guard to cause massive casualties to the US.Also they have plans to scorch the oilfields as they did in Kuwait.

This information has been obtained by intelligence info.

But let's see in reallity when the bombs begin to fall what will the republican guard do. :D
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

HeartofNC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby HeartofNC » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:42 am

"There is no victory option for Iraq," said Gen. Joseph P. Hoar, a retired marine and former chief of the United States Central Command. "The question for Iraq is how to prolong the conflict. For Saddam, the goal is to inflict casualties and allow the Arab news networks to broadcast pictures of civilians dying. He will try to gather international support and try to find a place in history."
(from article)

What a sad, sad thing - just to get into history books - why not do something wonderful instead??!? :roll:

HeartofNC
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby mf_dolphin » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:53 am

Saddam also had plans to force the Allied forces to be chewed up in his defensive network along the Kuwaiti border 12 years ago. His military is saddled by Soviet arms and military doctrine. Both have proven to be no match for the US military forces. As far as the "vaunted" Republican Guard, while they may be Iraq's elite, when faced with 1st line US forces they were decimated.

If Saddam choses to use his chemical and biological weapons then he will only prove that he is a liar and that the US was justified in attacking. Sadly this will also bring a much higher casualty count on both sides.
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby wx247 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:56 am

Was watching FOX NEWS this morning and US Intelligence officials believe he will fire scud missiles at Israel like he did in the first Gulf War and that they may contain gas or germs. Does this not sink in to anyone else in the world??? See what Saddam can do?

Garrett :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#5 Postby southerngale » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:09 am

wx247 wrote:
Was watching FOX NEWS this morning and US Intelligence officials believe he will fire scud missiles at Israel like he did in the first Gulf War and that they may contain gas or germs. Does this not sink in to anyone else in the world??? See what Saddam can do?

Seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it? :roll:
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby cycloneye » Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:50 pm

I saw Condolezza Rice on meet the press and she said that the military do their planning looking at all options on the disposal and In my view what she is saying is that the use of little nukes that can penetrate very deep is not discounted.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

Derek Ortt

If Saddam wants to fight in the cities

#7 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:56 pm

Then they should become opdn targets for massive ariel bombardment. World opinion is already against us, so I don't see it much worse if there are civilian casualties
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#8 Postby streetsoldier » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:32 pm

Thing is that Israel has its own updated and far more accurate"post-Patriot" missile defense system up and running (shows scenes of VX-ricin-gasses wafting down on Jordanians...), AND IDF has nukes to throw back if Iraq wants to play that hand.

Ariel Sharon is NOT going to stay out of THIS one, ladies and gentz... :o
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#9 Postby cycloneye » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:46 pm

Yes this time Israel wont stay passive and if they attack Iraq then the arabe world will be in arms with the israelies and that would be very bad.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#10 Postby streetsoldier » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:52 pm

Israel won't START anything, but they sure as @%#* will FINISH it if they can.

The decision is up to Iraq...are they really, really sure? :o
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby breeze » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:57 pm

Iraq does seem to have found themselves as the deciding factor
in this war, biding their time as the world waits, impatiently...giving
Iraq more attention.....yes, I can see where a lot of this is going, and
more parties are steaming in their impatience. Oh, the great
Power Trip...look at me, see what I can do! Hmmm...what can you
do, Suddam? This may yet still linger on, I am afraid....! :8: :24:
0 likes   

VanceWxMan

#12 Postby VanceWxMan » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:03 pm

Folks we are looking at a potential WW3 and I am not saying this to scare you. Sadamm must be stopped! Its so sad that POLITICS saved Sadamms life before. NOTHING can save him now!

Aaron
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#13 Postby streetsoldier » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:06 pm

"There will be wars, and rumours of wars..."

All we can do is wait.
0 likes   

Rainband

#14 Postby Rainband » Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:07 am

He is trying to scare the United States from attacking in the first place. IMHO they already counted on this and are as ready as they can be. So LETS ROLL!!! :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”