Will the US will go to war with the backing of UN or not?

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Will the US go to Iraq with backing of UN or not?

With the UN backing
7%
Going without UN backing
93%

Total votes: 14

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Will the US will go to war with the backing of UN or not?

#1 Postby cycloneye » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:31 pm

I think that the US will go with the UK and some others without the backing of the UN.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby streetsoldier » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:29 pm

Ideally, we should boot the UN out, reclaim the building and use it for apartments.

Maybe Germany might want them... :roll:
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby JQ Public » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:41 pm

I think they are gonna go it alone. I didn't say that's what i want them to do though.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#4 Postby streetsoldier » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:45 pm

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

UN is Illegitimate

#5 Postby Derek Ortt » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:07 pm

The UN is an illigitimate organization. What did it ever do to stop world problems. The UN has sanctioned more wars than they have prevented, now they want to stop a necessary one. The UN had a chance to show its mettle, but has been irrelevant since the Cuban Missle Crisis when the USA and USSR solved their dispute without UN help.

Ditch the UN and go back to face to face diplomacy
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby Stephanie » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm

I hope that we only go with it. We'd be opening the door to other countries invading and declaring war on others and any UN resolution that would have 100% backing of all of the members will be totally meaningless. We need to have some kind of global law and oversight.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#7 Postby streetsoldier » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:44 pm

And, for the vast majority who have been left unaware, every month 10 "diplomats" have been deported as "persona non grata" for suspicion of espionage activities since the UN first occupied the building; reason enough to disavow it, IMHO. (source came from consistent FBI testimony before Senate Select Committtee on Intelligence, during every administration [except Clinton's] since Eisenhower. Only the globalist savants on the Foreign Relations Committee have successfully managed to keep this "under the radar" re: the press.)
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#8 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:36 pm

lol Bill on the Germany thing! Anyhow...I think we are almost ready to take these guys all on our own...we just need to set up shop, send the sorties on their way and in a few weeks its over...so we hope!
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”