North Korea missle can reach the west coast

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

North Korea missle can reach the west coast

#1 Postby bfez1 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:59 pm

Intelligence officials report that North Korea has an untested ballistic missile capable of reaching the western United States.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#2 Postby cycloneye » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:55 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,78388,00.html

The CIA director for the first time has revealed this frighting news but the fact that North Korea may deliver a nuclear warhead to the west coast of the US is cause for concern.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Rainband

#3 Postby Rainband » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:28 pm

Oh brother more good news. :roll: Whats next is all I keep wondering :o
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby JQ Public » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:21 pm

youch. lets be glad they haven't 'tested' it yet !!
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#5 Postby cycloneye » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:38 pm

JQ will they test it is the pending question but they are not foolish to launch a nuclear bomb to the US.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

I don't think they want to trade shots with us....

#6 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:40 pm

Last time I looked we had a "couple" of missles able to strike North Korea too....
:30:
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#7 Postby streetsoldier » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:45 pm

Yes, our USN "silent service" is on site :11: under the waters, waiting...with more thermonuclear firepower than NK can build in a lifetime.
0 likes   

VanceWxMan

#8 Postby VanceWxMan » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:20 pm

They WOULDNT DARE! They are signing their DEATH Certificates if they do! I was stationed in Korea for a year 2000-2001 and they are a bunch of BLOW HARDS! When they want something they throw a fit like a 2 YEAR OLD and make empty threats!

Aaron
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#9 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:51 am

I'm glad I'm in the east then! lol Besides, we'd intercept it and thats that! Until it actually happens, then its all smoke being blown.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:25 pm

If they were to fire a missle at the good ol' US of A they would be signing their own death warrant for sure. No even their historicshiel, China, could save their butts then.

I agree with Vance, N. Korea has a long history of saber rattling just like a spoiled kid. IMO a good swift kick in the tail usually helps both see reason :lol:
0 likes   

VanceWxMan

#11 Postby VanceWxMan » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:46 pm

If they don't stand down SANCTIONS FROM HELL are going to be pressed agaist them and the only food that they will have will be their mighty missle :D They will back down its Sucide if the don't....now if China steps in then we have a totally different situation! :o

Aaron
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#12 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:49 pm

I'd beg to think that IF a missle CAN reach our mainland from there to here, it is outside of NATO and they could be in some serious doodoo if we get in there and we find that is so true. Those missles are only to go so far under the sanctions and laws...but since when has anyone followed rules over there?! Hell..I'd be willing to bet we have a few of our own that could encompass the globe if need be. :wink:
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#13 Postby streetsoldier » Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:00 pm

A fact that appears to have been left behind here is that North Korea is the world's largest supplier of ballistic missiles (with Chinese assistance; some analysts believe that NK is a "front" for Beijing in this).

They sell to anyone...Yemen (recall those SCUDs that were found under the concrete about a month or so ago?), Iran (who's beginning to actively mine uranium deposits), Iraq, Pakistan, India, etc., etc.

Now, of course, they have their "Won Hung Lo II" or "Long Wang III" (hell, I don't know! :wink: ) missiles to play with...and, make NO mistake, Kim Jong-Il wouldn't be making any moves without an imprimatur from the People's Republic of China's Central Committee.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#14 Postby cycloneye » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:39 pm

If North Korea does something crazy and sends a nuclear bomb to Los Angeles they can expect to be pulverized by the US so I think that they are not foolish to do it.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#15 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:49 pm

I have a gross of rockets left over from the 4th of July....BIG ones too...I wonder how many people around this here lake I live on would $#!+ in their pants if I sent one or more up? lol I'm so evil! :roll: :grrr:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”