Attack on US imminent

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Do you believe a terrorist attack on the US in imminent?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:04 am

1. Yes, I truly believe the US will be attacked by terrorist
87%
2. No, I believe the US will not be attacked-too much media hype
13%

Total votes: 15

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

Attack on US imminent

#1 Postby bfez1 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:04 am

Attack on US
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby streetsoldier » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:28 am

One place or another, I believe Al Qaida, or one of its licensed and authorized dealers worldwide, wil take a shot at either the U.S. "stateside", or elsewhere; it should be noted that after each "bin Laden" audiotape, a bombing or other attack took place within days, and this has happened three times now in an unbroken succession.

It's the considered opinon of those who even now are testifying before Congress (FoxNews is on in the background here) that these broadcasts are in fact "signals" which are understood as such by his adherents, devotees or other operative cells.

Wait, watch, and take the usual precautions.
0 likes   

VanceWxMan

#3 Postby VanceWxMan » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:30 am

Yes an attack may happen but I think that it will be harder for them to excecute their plans with the more strengent security in place.

Aaron
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#4 Postby streetsoldier » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:34 am

Al Qaida has had 10-15 years to put people in place here in the U.S.; call them "sleeper cells", if you wish.

Consider all the American cities that now have large Islamic concentrations, and they are growing by the hour...it would be folly not to believe that there are undiscovered cells, well-planted, ready for the call to do us harm.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:49 am

It's inevitable...the only questions are when, where and with what weapon. The use of chemical, biological or "dirty" bombs will raise the stakes for sure. The only way to deal with these folks is to hit them harder than they hit us. Time to take the gloves off the CIA. The Israeli Mossad sure know how to deal with these types :o
0 likes   

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby bfez1 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:08 pm

*** bump***
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#7 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:02 am

I figure at least 4-5 major targets will be hit by COWARDS(I can't call them terrorists), probably on friday or saturday at the end of the Haj. We have a very large Islamic population here in Houston. I'm not saying that any of them are bad, but with 10's of thousands here I figure we have at least one or two cells. And we have tons of great targets with all the refinieries and chemical plants along the ship channel. :o Probaly with bio, chemo and at least one "dirty" bomb.

Stay safe and be vigilent of your surroundings.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby bfez1 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:32 am

***bump***
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#9 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:43 am

Thats some bumpin!

While I DO believe that we'll have a few isolated incidents, I really dont think its anything to be so alarmed over. Just because we raised the level and media hypes it more, all it does is makes us jittery and thinking the world will end. We have stepped up security in every way....look around you...airports, state buildings, barriers in front of our prized landmarks...there are people underground awaiting whatever they bring to us. We have people in the air monitoring anything in sight. There shouldnt be so much worry.
0 likes   

MScoast
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby MScoast » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:07 am

You are right about people monitoring in the air...I live near Keesler AFB in Biloxi and all you hear are jets flying over at all hours of the day and night. It's pretty eerie.
0 likes   

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby bfez1 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:09 am

Rob,
Just very interested in hearing how people feel about this very serious situation.
Bonnie
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:54 am

Call me a fatalist if you want but I believe that when it's your time to go you go! :o All you can do in life is be careful, use common sense and don't tempt fate too much with stupidity. After all, Darwin's theory of survival of the fitest makes a lot of sense...

Terrorism has existed in the rest world for many years as a "normal" way of life. It was inevitable that it would find it's way to our shores sooner or later. I agree with Rob, life today like it's the last day you'll have and don't worry about the things not in your control. You still have a better chance of getting struck by lightening than you do of being involved in a terrorist event. :o
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby wx247 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:06 pm

I agree that the chances of being personally impacted by a terrorist attack might be low, but the psychological damage they can/will do to the country will be far greater. I am not trying to diminish the importance or sadness of the loss of life, but people realizing Sept.11 was not an isolated incident will cause significant problems here.

Garrett :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Rob-TheStormChaser

#14 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:31 pm

MScoast wrote:You are right about people monitoring in the air...I live near Keesler AFB in Biloxi and all you hear are jets flying over at all hours of the day and night. It's pretty eerie.

Its good that we have our guys keeping things in order and making sure we are safe. I'd be glad to hear those jets and seeing those contrails in the air!
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#15 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:34 pm

bfez1 wrote:Rob,
Just very interested in hearing how people feel about this very serious situation.
Bonnie

Bonnie....I wholeheartedly agree. I wasnt trying to make it seem like I'm not keeping an ear to the ground and not caring. I'm VERY concerned and interested. Just some people have more paranoia in these types of situations. I've been in a few like this and it hardens you...much like having so many people die around you that you were close to....after awhile nothing can really get to you. While I know you are more concerned and want to get the word out...I'm not really to concerned in comparison. Sorry if it seems like I'm cold that way, but I just have those feelings.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#16 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:37 pm

So true Marshall...your chances of getting hit by lightning IS better! We need to focus on our lives and just keep on keepin on. Our men and women will do the job and I am totally confident in that! I just hope that, if it ever gets going, that it ends quickly and w/o many casualties and they all can get back to their loved ones.
0 likes   

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17 Postby bfez1 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:44 pm

Rob,
I don't think you are cold at all. Everyone reacts differently to things. I am just interested in what other people think will happen. To be honest, I really don't think I have to much to be concerned about here in New Orleans. Gosh, I hope I don't have to eat those words. But everywhere you turn, internet, radio and tv are talking about taking precautions and being prepared. You can only be so concerned about all of this. I feel like MF and a few others here, when your numbers up, it's up. With that said, I hope and pray nothing happens and we all come out of this safe and sound. :D
God Bless America
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#18 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:04 pm

Ditto on the sentiments! None of us want anything bad to happen....but if by some magical wand you or someone you know DOES get hit by something, I'd tend to think that we'd know what to do. Thats all, for the most part, they are trying to convey in the media. Its a little overdone for ratings and some people dramatize a little much, but we all know the risks are there....just when and where is the question.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”