Who got banned from TWC?

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

?

#61 Postby JQ Public » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:07 pm

did dennis resign? I didn't know he wasn't an admin anymore :(
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#62 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:00 am

To each his/her own, indeed.

I am glad that storm2k.org was posted in TWC... best way to get our weather friends/friends for continued discussion on one common interest with off-topic.. games included conversations. :D
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#63 Postby weatherlover427 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:00 am

I don't know Tom. All I heard is that Dennis was given the demotion sometime earlier on Monday.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#64 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:34 am

Very interesting. I literally just went to check the TWCMBs and I was unable to log in at first. Then tried again and am able to get in buy my member name doesn't appear and I am unable to (respond and create messages) post.

I have no idea at all why this is the case.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#65 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:28 am

This is why we cannot specifically drop this issue. We came from there...almost all of us. We were there a long time and some lost alot of posts that were valid. You simply cannot drop and move on an issue liek this, its always there. There's something always to be said about other sites, how people are, act, feel etc. Its pretty tough to just dismiss it all and talk about something else since we are here for whatever reason and others have lost alot. Many dont realize that if it wasnt for the goings on over there, that many people here wouldnt have anything to write/post about. So be it. It IS news and therefore should be voiced IMO!
0 likes   

OtherHD
Category 5
Category 5

#66 Postby OtherHD » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:54 pm

GUESS WHO HAS JUST BEEN BANNED FROM TWC???

Your's truly...

:grr: :grr: :grr:

This is the first time I've had a chance to come to the messageboards. I'm at school right now, about to make a post at TWC, and I got that proverbial message: "The administrators have taken away some of your access rights."

It goes without saying that I am pissed off.

:grr: :grr: :grr:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#67 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:57 pm

Exactly why I stress this is far from over HD. Sucks doesnt it? JohnAdmon has been posting 'nice' thoughts to whoever is left there like they are some sacred people or something. Now what will you do? See what I mean? Nothing you can do and he just snatches things away from you. Unreal. Sorry you were the latest victim in all this.
0 likes   

OtherHD
Category 5
Category 5

#68 Postby OtherHD » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:03 pm

All is not lost however.

I'm not sure if all they did was ban my username, but I created a new account and I can post again. It is possible that they did ban my IP addy, but that still means I can post from school. When I get home I'll try it out.

BTW sorry about the duplicate posts above. I only hit the submit button once! :?
0 likes   

Life with TWC or Life Without......

#69 Postby Guest » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:08 pm

A choice has to be made folks. You can't keep beating a dead bird over something that has happened and won't change.

TWC messageboards aren't going to crater and disappear - I have been to their boards now for numerous years. What they are doing is called housecleaning. The people that got banned - I feel for you - but "get over it" - what you do on this board isn't going to change what happens on TWC - and it looks like its making things even worse.

So I am politely asking everyone AGAIN to DROP this subject and move on to more enjoyable topics.

God Bless,
Ticka1
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#70 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:25 pm

I've been there just as long, maybe longer than most. I was actually there for all the chats before the boards appeared in 2001 and I was there when weather.com was created. Trust me, I have many ties with that place whether bitter or happy. While it is very easy to dismiss feelings about it and drop it, its equally easy to remember where we came from. There is no need to compare, and I'm not doing this either, but everyone is entitled to expressing themselves and be opinionated as well. I played by the rules just like anyone there and their continuance of mistrust within the ranks is evident. Also I'm beyond discussing their site as it is unless it becomes resurfaced as in this case or I'm just responding to someone else's post. I'm sorry for what has happened to some of us there and I'm just glad and relieved to at least talk about it. Communication is a touchy issue with some, and retaliation is not under my top 10 list either. Anyhow, I just wanted to let you and the others know from where I'm coming from on this whole thing and its not so easy to just 'drop' something you were a part of for many many years like that. I'm not trying to rehash things, but thats the nature of this topic and thread and it just went in that direction. We are all guilty for adding to it, so all is calm now and we can go on. Thanks for understanding.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#71 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:08 pm

I agree with dropping the issue and quite frankly keeping it going. If we have things to say on any issue including TWCMBs, then we discuss it.

When there are things to discuss, we discuss them and that is what were doing, which makes this a great board... discussing things others may not be interested in is part of it. :)
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#72 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:17 pm

It seems like all the "TWC regulars" are being banned for reasons, not for any particular reason and have no idea reasons.
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#73 Postby JQ Public » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:31 pm

hmmm...i'm not banned, but then again i haven't said anything against twc.
0 likes   

Rainband

#74 Postby Rainband » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:34 pm

I use :wink: alot...so I will :wink:
0 likes   

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

#75 Postby pojo » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:36 pm

JQ Public wrote:hmmm...i'm not banned, but then again i haven't said anything against twc.

I second that too. I watch what I type and therefore if I post something irresponsible, I don't want to feel the wrath of consequences set forth by the admins. I have nothing bad to say about TWC and Storm2k. I'm happy were I am and just trying to have fun.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#76 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:46 pm

I haven't said anything wrong either HD and Shannon. That is why I am confused that I was banned.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

I know we are all confused about what TWC has done...

#77 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:51 pm

However, I must echo Ticka's sentiments here. I too am one of the banned. It was done for no good reason except the fact they know I am a mod over here as I am sure they have been lurking(as anyone can)and looking through the board. If they are so threatened as to ban people because they are at another board, then I figure that is their loss. I surely don't need them, or for that matter any weather board to survive. I have left at least two other boards due to "differences" with the adminstration of those boards. That is the right each of us have just as it is the right of the administrators of any private site to ban each of us.

With that said I promise this will be my last post concerning this!

Let's move on to other topics that should be our real concerns right now. I can think of a few-like the impending war, the WEATHER, things that are happening in our lives or the lives of others that we would like to share, the economy, our favorite things, our religion, our atheism, our kids, etc.

Let's move on and let this subject be please!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Return to “Off Topic”