New Osama bin Laden tape?

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

New Osama bin Laden tape?

#1 Postby streetsoldier » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:11 pm

Al-Jazeera is reported to be about to air a new tape from bin Laden momentarily (this from FoxNwes just now); more as it develops.

(I wonder what "Al Jazeera" means..." :P The Big Raspberry to YOU"? "Fickle Finger of Fate"? "Up Yours"?)
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

UPDATE...

#2 Postby streetsoldier » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:50 pm

It hasn't been aired yet, but the tape is reported to be an address to the people of Iraq, pledging Al Qaida's support; whether or not this actually IS Osama bin Laden's voice is conjectural at best, unless the tape also shows his carcass speaking (which means he's being "kept" by people who have access to a fairly comprehensive medical facility)...
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:10 pm

Bin Laden is not alright in terms of his health but still he can give orders to his subordinates to carry out attacks.

The marriage of Iraq to Al-Qaeda is confirmed by this tape.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Rob-TheStormChaser

#4 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:27 pm

Problem is, we keep hearing these tapes like they are designed to scare us. I think he is just trying to tell us that if we dont attack him and let him say what he wants, that he wont attack us either. Yet another game.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#5 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:50 pm

Al-Jezzera to air that tape at 3:00 PM EDT.Fox news may transmit part of it.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#6 Postby streetsoldier » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:11 pm

OH, the disappointment of it all....

It's just another "audiotape"; how do we know it's bin Laden at all?

Appparently, he's singing the same tired "Unite against the infidels" aria to all Muslims again...and again...and again. THIS time, however, he (?) specifically mentions Iraq as the focus.

Oh, yeah...we are "evil", the "Crusaders" (they have a long memory, don't they?) and we are "morally weak" while they are "strong in Allah" and they will win this battle because of that "fact". Now, he (?) is waxing eloquent about the American failure in Afghanistan to capture him, and blasting us for more "evil" against "legitimate Islamic governments".

Oh, poor Al Qaida..they were only a "small group of mujaheddin, fighting with rifles" against American might...with a call to dig "trenches" so we can't get at them (right...he conveniently forgot those "cave-busters"?)

Next, he (?) is calling any Muslims who don't join Iraq "non-Muslims" (apostates, meaning "someone who knew the truth, and rejected it"), and should be dealt with just like Americans and Jews(D-E-A-D); more complaining about the American presence on the "holy soil" of Saudi Arabia (a favorite bin Laden "beef"), and signs out with this all as "an order from Muhammad" to rid the region of the "Crusaders" (that means US, people; their term for us is either "Franks" or "Crusaders", as if the past 700 years haven't happened yet...LOL)...I have to go barf...brb! :roll:

In the same newscast (FoxNews, of course!), they had a Middle Eastern-born expert on, that gave the names of several Muslim organizations, in and outside of Iraq, that are asking for help in ousting him.

Just opened a box of chocolate-covered date "Allahu Akbars"...anyone want some? :wink:
Last edited by streetsoldier on Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#7 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:40 pm

Here are the most important things that Osama Bin Laden (IF HE IS WHO IS ON THAT TAPE) said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,78286,00.html
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

hmmm

#8 Postby JQ Public » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:46 pm

I will be tuning into this...its coming on now actually on some of the channels.

The marriage of Iraq to Al-Qaeda is confirmed by this tape

He just mentions every Muslim cause to get more support...no where does he say thanks saddam for doing this and this and this for him. Just like he mentions the Palestinians in Israel. That doesn't mean we're gonna attack Israel and kick out the palestinians. They are not related...Osama just wants to stir up trouble to further his cause.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:49 pm

wont find a more truthfull place than Fox News to get your news.... . Not one sided like CNN (Clinton News Network) and the rest of them :roll:
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:52 pm

DOHA, Qatar — Usama bin Laden called on Muslims throughout the world to unite behind Iraq Tuesday in an audiotape broadcast on Al-Jazeera satellite TV.

Earlier in the day, Secretary of State Colin Powell told a Senate committee that the audiotape would be aired, and that the voice on the recording is believed to be that of bin Laden, the Al Qaeda mastermind who has been in hiding since the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

"We would like to confirm at this time the lies of America and their allies and what they are trying to do. We want you to be faithful in your fight, to believe in your God, the one and only God," bin Laden said on the tape.

"Fight the agents of the Devil, because the Devil will be overcome and defeated. God will give us victory."

Al-Jazeera's chief editor, Ibrahim Hilal, said the 16-minute tape was a message to Iraqis to remain steadfast in the face of a potential American attack.

Yasser Thabet, a broadcast editor, said the tape appears to be authentic because the television station got it through the same means as previous bin Laden statements. He did not elaborate.

"When you listen to the tape, you can tell it's Usama bin Laden's voice," Thabet said.

Ahead of the broadcast, a headline at the bottom of the screen during regular programming read, "Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden calls on all Muslims to unite to defend the Iraqi people, in an audio message Al-Jazeera will broadcast later."

Hilal said that on the tape, bin Laden urged Muslims not to cooperate with the U.S against Iraq, saying any Muslim who cooperates with America against another Muslim is an apostate.

He said the station was not sure it would air all of the tape, saying the quality was not very good.

Powell had said he read a transcript of "what bin Laden -- or who we believe to be bin Laden" was to say on al-Jazeera, "where once again he speaks to the people of Iraq and talks about their struggle and how he is in partnership with Iraq."

The last Bin Laden tape aired on Nov. 12 on al-Jazeera. Bin Laden, in the statement, promised new terrorist attacks.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#11 Postby streetsoldier » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:52 pm

But then, he (?) wouldn't, would he? For Al Qaida to confirm ties would give the coalition the ammo it needs, and even France and Germany couldn't "fault" us. No, this division is playing very nicely into Iraq's and Al Qaida's wildest expectations, and they could not have hoped for a better scenario.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#12 Postby ColdFront77 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:10 pm

I figured Osama Bin Laden was alive, we would have heard proof that he passed away from the last time we heard about him to today.
0 likes   

Rainband

#13 Postby Rainband » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:17 pm

I hope this isn't code on the part of the alqueda for "attack now" :roll: I hope that they do listen and take saddam out though...the iraq people I mean :wink:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#14 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:20 pm

<< This guy isnt worried about him or those people or their ways. In all due respect whenever this war starts, its sure to be not as bad as 1991 IMO. But alot remains to be seen. Too much speculation right now. I'm prepared!
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#15 Postby southerngale » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:41 pm

I agree Rainband...I hope it wasn't code for "attack now"
Everyone say a prayer for our military and our civilians. I'm going to get plastic sheeting and duct tape tonight...just in case. It's not like it can't be used for other purposes anyway. I'm sure that I should do more than that...I don't feel very prepared. :o
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Rob-TheStormChaser

#16 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:34 pm

Actually....not to burst anyones bubble here on all of this 'hype' over people being now freaked out and running out for plastic....it wont do you any good. For the most part IF a chemical or biological weapon is deployed anywhere close to where you live, it'll find its ways through cracks and many other holes etc. However, once a chemical is dispersed it doesnt have all that long to 'linger' in the air it occupies...so please...no need to run to Home Depot to stock up. Its because of the media and all the aspects of what 'can' happen has people being overly paranoid and jumping to conclusions not even made yet. Its funny but the only reason people are buying plasting by the truckload here is to lower their already burdened heating costs. No sense in living in a plastic bubble confined to home....get out and live your life as you would normally do so.
0 likes   

Rainband

#17 Postby Rainband » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:44 pm

I agree that part of this is scare tactics. That is alot of what terrorism is about :o . But I do believe that there is a real threat in the upcoming days or weeks for something big to happen. These people look at Bin Laden as a god and when they hear him speak they think it's a message. With our nation and the free nations of the world preoccupied with Iraq and Saddam, I believe they think this is the perfect time to strike while our forces are spread thin. I agree with Southergale too.. I am not prepared and honestly think as Rob said plastic and duct tape aren't gonna go much to help us in the event of an attack. So I guess we need to pray and hope that this warning is precautionary and that the call to arms by Bin Laden is a bluff and live our lives to the fullest :o in case it is not :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”