Late Aril Weather Pattern

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Bonedog
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Late Aril Weather Pattern

#1 Postby Bonedog » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:22 am

I dont know if this is the right area for this but here goes:

I am wondering what the weather pattern for the eastern seaboard into the eastern carribean in late april (04/21-04/30). I will be taking a cruise from NYC to bermuda, tortola BVI, and st thomas and was wondering what to expect.

I know its well before the hurricane season and after the winter storm season but what are the possibilities in that timeframe of getting caught in something out there?

Im not asking for a predicition I know thats not possible but was wondering more of the general weather pattern in the area.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
0 likes   

wxmann_91
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby wxmann_91 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:53 am

It's nearly impossible to predict specifically what weather will be like several months down the road.
0 likes   

Bonedog
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3 Postby Bonedog » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:58 am

Sorry if I didnt convey correctly. I wasnt asking for a prediction I am asking what the normal late april weather is in the area. First time I will be heading to the area so I just wanted to get a feel for what to expect and pack for.

Examples would be like saying during hurricane season you might expect stormyness, in the spring you can expect tornados in the midwest, during jan-feb expect storms in the north sea, fall brings cold fronts to middle florida. That sort of thing, not asking during the week I am gone what will the weather be exactly. Just what is the general late April westher patterns over the eastern Carib and Atlantic around Bermuda.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
0 likes   

Tstormwatcher
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Tstormwatcher » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:21 pm

April is popular for nor'easters.
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby artist » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:48 pm

Bermuda - 62 to 71 April average
from this link
http://www.bermuda.com/weather/historical/

St. Thomas - 70 -89 April

http://www.tropical-island-vacation.net ... -usvi.html

Tortola BVI - Climate:
The average year-round temperature is 80-90 F with sub-tropical balmy weather and breezes year round.

http://www.escape-bvi.com/Facts.aspx

Hope this helps
0 likes   

Bonedog
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#6 Postby Bonedog » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:05 pm

Thanks artist and watcher. That is what I was looking for... for the life of me I couldnt find anything out. Must have taken my stupid pills that day.
0 likes   

wxmann_91
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby wxmann_91 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:46 am

Bonedog wrote:Sorry if I didnt convey correctly. I wasnt asking for a prediction I am asking what the normal late april weather is in the area. First time I will be heading to the area so I just wanted to get a feel for what to expect and pack for.

Examples would be like saying during hurricane season you might expect stormyness, in the spring you can expect tornados in the midwest, during jan-feb expect storms in the north sea, fall brings cold fronts to middle florida. That sort of thing, not asking during the week I am gone what will the weather be exactly. Just what is the general late April westher patterns over the eastern Carib and Atlantic around Bermuda.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

I should be the one sorry; how did I not see the fourth paragraph? Once again, I apologize for that.

Yes, April is an active month for noreasters which can cause rough seas in the Bermuda vicinity. Good luck and enjoy the cruise. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”