HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO STORM2K !!!!

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO STORM2K !!!!

#1 Postby cycloneye » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:05 pm

Wow how time has passed and already we will celebrate our first anniversary on october 8th.Many things had happened with numerous records that we made but if i tell them all I would be typing forever :lol: :lol: The biggest thing that happened was that we got to over 1,000 members in early september and that is the result of people spreding the word that storm2k is a complete board with many alternatives that members go to.This is a family enviroment board that some troll intruders haved tried to come in but the troll patrol is in full force kicking them out. :) :) But let me stop here and let the members talk about their experience in storm2k as we celebrate the first year of this board that is the best on the net by far and WE ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
Last edited by cycloneye on Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby breeze » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:19 pm

Wow, Luis! A year, already? Actually, I came in
to Storm2K in February, after Off-Topic was
deleted on "that other board". I had been offline
with the flu, and, after coming back on to that
discovery, the following Friday, a gentleman
named "Chad" had sent me an e-mail invite
to some board named "Storm2K". What could
it hurt? LOL, so, I ventured over, and, have had
a great time watching this board grow and grow!
And, you know what? The board quality, now,
is just as excellent as it was the day that I
joined! Storm2K TRULY Rocks! :D
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Colin » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:56 pm

Wow...this site has grown incredibly since it's start. Man...absolutely unbelievable! :o
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:21 pm

To this day, I still can't remember who sent my invite, but I also joined in February. I didn't post much at TWC but obviously I was there enough for someone to take notice and send me the invite, and to that person thank you! This place has seen it's ups and downs, but we always pull through stronger than ever! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Storm2K ROCKS!
0 likes   

JetMaxx

#5 Postby JetMaxx » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:47 pm

WOW....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY STORM2K!!! :) :) :)
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#6 Postby Miss Mary » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:24 am

Skywatch_NC/Eric sent me my Storm2K invite. He had been telling me about "another board" that was really nice......w/o all the rules TWC had. When he was banned from TWC I literally ran over here!!! And then I noticed a topic on the Greetings Forum, simply stated "Welcome Miss Mary!".......and from then on, I knew I had found a very unique message board. To welcome each and every new member still impresses me!!! That in itself was what made me really start to poke around the many Forums, features (photo Gallery!!!!) and read where members lived. I naturally popped in at Chat a few times too......and now I make S2K my first stop when firing up the computer each morning. Even before checking my mail!

Happy Anniversary Storm2K!!!!

Mary
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#7 Postby weatherlover427 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:49 pm

Happy One Year Anniversary To Youuuuuuuuu!
Happy One Year Anniversary To The Best Wx Board On The Nehhhhhhhhhhhhht!

And Many Moooooooooooooooooore!
On http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/index.php ! :) :D ;) :lol:
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby Stephanie » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:24 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY S2K!!! :new-bday:

I too was invited by Chad (Thank you!!! :D ) back in February when D-Day occurred at that other board. Now it's my home sweet home. alot of my friends from the other board made it over and I've met so many new and wonderful friends!

Luis - I think that you originally had a goal of 1,000 members by your birthday in October - right?? :wink:
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#9 Postby cycloneye » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:34 pm

Yes my signature months ago had 1,000 members by october 8th but as we know that was surpassed in early september :) and this board has growned so rapid that the administrators and moderators were greatly surprised to see so many people joining the best board of the net and STORM2K ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!! :)
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby wx247 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:10 pm

Skywatch_NC aka: Eric sent me an invite as well. It was one of the best decisions I made. This has become such a wonderful place to hang out. We are quite a big wx family. :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

JCT777
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby JCT777 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:04 am

OtherHD sent me an invite when the board first opened for business last Ocotober. And I am very happy he did! :D

It's hard to believe a year has gone by already since storm2k was born. Ya know, time flies when you are having a blast! 8-) HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY To STORM2K!! :)

Seems quite a few people were referred here by Eric (Skywatch_NC). He hasn't posted in quite a few months. I miss him around here.
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#12 Postby Miss Mary » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:07 am

I miss Eric too - sigh. Not the same w/o him but he's fine I'm sure (posting over at wx.chat these days). A big HI to Eric - if you're lurking out there, wx buddy.

Mary
0 likes   

GulfBreezer
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby GulfBreezer » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:14 am

WOW!! I joined October 9th!! Ticka invite me from another board! While I just "lurked" for a while after the cane season last year, I saw what was happening and was (and still am) extremely impressed!! Thanks for giving my "home away from home"!! :) :)
Sandi
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#14 Postby cycloneye » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:27 am

Yes Miss Mary I miss too Eric because he is a friend of me as I was at TWC but I dont know what happened that he hasn't posted here for a few months but I hope that soon he will join us.

Sandi I also am very surprised on how storm2k has grown so fast in less than a year and I am sure the administrators too have to be surprised not only the list of members over 1,000 but the quality of the discussions at off-topic and in the weather forums is A+ and that is all about in storm2k a family enviroment type board where you can post about anything from gardening to sports to weather in general and the most important thing NO TROLLS around.
0 likes   

Rainband

#15 Postby Rainband » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:35 am

GulfBreezer wrote:WOW!! I joined October 9th!! Ticka invite me from another board! While I just "lurked" for a while after the cane season last year, I saw what was happening and was (and still am) extremely impressed!! Thanks for giving my "home away from home"!! :) :)
Sandi
Ticka invited me too. I can't believe it's been a year!!!! WOW Time flys when your having fun. :wink:
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#16 Postby Miss Mary » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:39 am

Luis - nothing happened here that I'm aware of, in regards to Eric. He emailed me a while back to explain he was posting at too many sites and having trouble keeping up. He wanted to just concentrate on one or two. I'm sure he'll return one of these days. Sure would make my day to see a post from him here one day soon!

Mary
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#17 Postby ColdFront77 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:13 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STORM2K! :D ... :new-bday:

As I have said a few times before, I am not sure who invited me to this excellent site. I am not totally sure if I got an e-mail, but I can picture one.

At least I joined on Day 2, (on Wednesday, October 9th, 2002) but would have loved to have posted sooner than early February and then more frequently in mid to late March. Albeit time consuming I enjoy reading through posts and scanning through longer, not so interesting posts... posts others skip because of no interest in the subject. I hope very much that no one takes offense to that.

In regard to Eric, he is indeed posting at WxChat and a couple other (weather) message boards. I also heard from him that he doesn't want to be overwhelmed with too many boards. He is a great person, I am very glad I met him at TWC last June.

I look forward to another year here at Storm2K! :D
Last edited by ColdFront77 on Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#18 Postby cycloneye » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:18 pm

I joined storm2k on october 10th after Marshall or chad not sure who exactly was invited me to join the board that they opened 2 days before.And the rest is history as I said in my lead post and right now storm2k is the best board of the net by far and STORM2K ROCKS!!!!!!!.
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#19 Postby Lindaloo » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:22 pm

:new-bday:

I was harrassed by Miss Mary to join. lol. I am glad I made the right choice to join. I have only been here since March, but I must say I am addicted to alot of the people here. Thanks for taking the time to get a great board going Marshall, ticka and Chad!! And we certainly can't forget about all the great Mods we have here.
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#20 Postby Miss Mary » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:49 pm

I've hung up my pestering/harrassing hat Linda!!! But yes I did pester you something awful back then. You are my success story....he he. At least you listened!!! I think Eric had to tell me a few times how nice this place was too. What that says to you and me, and other TWC refugees, is it was very hard for many of us to admit wx.com just wasn't the place it once was. We were having trouble facing up to that (I know I was!) but once I joined here, I began to realize how neat Storm2K is. The best wx site on the Net. Or however the slogan goes....

Mary
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”