MAY STORM2K MEMBER OF THE MONTH POLL

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Storm2k May Member of the Month

Poll ended at Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:34 pm

Azskyman
25%
Cycloneye
8%
MF_Dolphin
29%
Rainstorm
14%
Ticka1
12%
Ticka1
12%

Total votes: 51

#21 Postby Guest » Sat May 31, 2003 4:07 am

Well seeing how a few others is mentioning how or why they are voting for who........................I for one take the following things in consideration when picking someone...........................

I look at what they have added to the WHOLE site in general..........................Meaning helping other members, Adding to the weather discussions--------> Which should be a must for all when considering someone for this title...........And then they may have added something to storm2K itself to make it better for all..................Like ticka said its not about popularity.............As in those that just post in the off topic forum imo......................Now if anyone can figure out who contirbuted the most to the WHOLE site IMO then you know my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D..................Good luck to all......... :D
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#22 Postby Stephanie » Sat May 31, 2003 8:45 am

azskyman wrote:I won't say a word to sway your vote. But there are some warm Krispy Kremes over there by the ballot box....

Honestly....just being considered among members of this group is an honor, and it is appreciated very much. There are four more deserving persons than me on the list.

By the way...if I don't get the most votes, you can keep the Krispy Kremes. No need to return them!

:lol:

You are just as deserving as the rest of those on the list (Krispy Kremes or not!).

Ditto Shannon, Miss Mary and Stormsfury! :wink:
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#23 Postby cycloneye » Sat May 31, 2003 9:06 am

I know that I wont win this month but it is a close race between Marshall and Steve and I congrat both for your efforts to make storm2k even better every day.As Steve said being on the list is an honor to me to be there but it will be another month when I can have the chance of winning it. :)
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Miss Mary

#24 Postby Miss Mary » Sat May 31, 2003 9:27 am

Luis,

I wish you all could win! Well, in a way you have!!! You've made the TOP FIVE!!! That in itself is an honor, as Steve said, IMHO. Pat yourself on the back - you have many, many supporters here.

The way I see it we can only have 12 MOTM winners a year. Unless of course we go to Member of the Week? Oh man, Ticka's throwing something at me, aren't you? he he I'm kidding, I'm kidding Ticka!!! Just trying to point out this choosing/voting is hard Luis! Please understand Steve and I go way back to our message boards elsewhere. We've been writing off and on for over 2 years now. I have only about 2 dozen photo's of Emma saved on my computer!!!! My kids will ask, who's that little girl again? And we each supported eachother that awful Sept. 11th day, email wise.

Wish you could all win - I will say that again! Best of luck to you ALL!
0 likes   

weatherwunder
Category 5
Category 5

#25 Postby weatherwunder » Sat May 31, 2003 9:31 am

EVERYONE on this list is deserving of being the Member of the Month.

It is a very distinguished list.
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#26 Postby Miss Mary » Sat May 31, 2003 9:40 am

Ditto weatherwunder - we bow to you TOP FIVE!
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#27 Postby southerngale » Sat May 31, 2003 11:02 am

Yes it was very difficult to choose. I hate that I can't pick more than one but like others have said, it is an honor to even be nominated. :D

Good Luck to all...
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#28 Postby southerngale » Sat May 31, 2003 11:03 am

Here's a suggestion...how about a little tag that says MOTM for the winner, like ya'll do with the Bragging Rights?

Just a suggestion...
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby mf_dolphin » Sat May 31, 2003 11:51 am

Everyone that was nominated is a winner even if they didn't make the top 5! I am truely honored...thanks! :-)
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#30 Postby streetsoldier » Sat May 31, 2003 11:55 am

kingofweather,

Not everyone is a dedicated met in Storm2K; my own interest in wx is born of years in FEMA and CAP, conducting SAR missions, setting up EOCs, comlinks, etc. Since I do not pore over countless Doppler images day after day, or have the background necessary to execute my own forecasts, should not diminish my contribution to this Forum, or anyone else's.

That I only post on Off-Topic reflects that I am interested in far more than weather alone, and recognize that I have no voice in atmospheric sciences prognostications...just as many here could not follow my discourses in history, socio-economic-political spheres, etc. ad infinitum.

Storm2K has room for many voices, many people...to restrict consideration only to those who post on multiple pages does many of us a grave disservice.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#31 Postby Stephanie » Sat May 31, 2003 12:06 pm

Miss Mary wrote:Ditto weatherwunder - we bow to you TOP FIVE!

WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!! :D

I'm sure that everyone that is on that list right now will eventually be Member of the Month - I'm willing to bet on it Luis!!! :wink:
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#32 Postby streetsoldier » Sat May 31, 2003 12:35 pm

YOU'RE WORTHY, YOU'RE WORTHY...GET UP! :roll:
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#33 Postby JQ Public » Sat May 31, 2003 12:49 pm

did my duty.
0 likes   

#34 Postby Guest » Sat May 31, 2003 1:02 pm

Streetsoldier........

I didnt mean to imply (if thats how you took it) that people who only post in the offtopic forum shouldn'nt be voted for..............All i was saying that is people should consider all areas of this site and yes weather discussions should be one imo because this is a weather site..............I love posting in the offtopic forum myself even though don'nt as much.............But to just vote on someone who just post there i cant do because its unfair to anyone else who was worked hard in all the other areas of this site including off topic...................I apologizes if i offend anyone else on this matter..................Its just how i feel about it all.............And i will say that the list we do have is very impressive and all do deserve to win....................Ask me and i say its everyone here at Storm2K that makes it a great place to be..................But like this contest points out there is a few who go beyond the call of duty and should be considereded for their efforts on making this a better place for us all......:).........Good luck to all in the list because each and everyone of you is deserving in this title........... :D
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#35 Postby Stephanie » Sat May 31, 2003 7:35 pm

streetsoldier wrote:YOU'RE WORTHY, YOU'RE WORTHY...GET UP! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alittle overdone huh??? :oops: :wink:
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#36 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:31 am

Congrats mfdolphing.... You are very deserving of this award :-)
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#37 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:34 am

Thanks Chad and everyone else! :-) Everyone nominated this month was deserving of the award! :-)
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#38 Postby Stephanie » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:01 am

CONGRATS MARSHALL!!! :jump:
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#39 Postby southerngale » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:15 am

Congratulations Marshall

:35: :35:
0 likes   

#40 Postby Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:28 am

Congratulations MARSHALL - you are very deserving of this award. Couldn't happen to a better person.

Patricia
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”