Member Removed

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

Member Removed

#1 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:26 pm

Well guys as much as we hate to ban people, we had to do so tonight and feel it is our responsability to keep you informed of our actions. northweststormchaser has been deleted from the board... He was breaking Storm2k rules, was asked to stop, but he continued on anyways. If you have been in the weather chat scene for a while than im sure you are familiar with cat5..... well guess what.... surprise surprise, northweststormchaser was cat5. So i am not surprised we had these problems.. Again we realy hate to ban people, but this decision was made to make this a better place for all of our members.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#2 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:30 pm

I guess he had it coming for spamming and scrolling rooms blatently like he was earlier. I just disrupts the whole facet of having a good time here and spending time contributing here as well. Seems as though he was a ticking timebomb and then he just got all immature and posted illegitimate garbage in almost every forum and topic....oh well, his loss.

Remember...if ya aint got nothing good to say, then you're better off not saying anything at all.
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby breeze » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:33 pm

Thanks for sharing, Chad. Appreciate your informing us!
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:36 pm

That's too bad, but I can't say that I thought he was all there in the first place! Thanks for letting us know!
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Stormsfury » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:37 pm

I thought that's what had happened with northweststormchaser, and I saw stuff like snow and more snow and stuff ... didn't see the advertisements, and spamming.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#6 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:51 pm

Not to publically put the guy down, as I didnt really know him, there's a time and a place to act like that, and he just hit the wrong time is all. I feel partly responsible for telling Chad about his antics, but I felt it was justified he got warned first and he apparently did and just kept on. I know some here can tolerate so much and even I have my limits with people on my bad days as well, but you just have to remember this is mostly a place or relaxation for most of us....an outlet to vent as well, but what he was doing had no bearing on the site and I think all the actions against him were done in a proper way, and rightly so.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:59 pm

Like Chad said, we really hate banning people but he was told when he joined that as long as he behaved he could post. Chad sent him a PM tonight and warned him again. When it persisted then the boom dropped. Thanks for everyone's understanding. We're serious when we say this is NO TROLL ZONE! :D

Party on all! :D
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby wx247 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:02 pm

Thanks for being forthright and honest. Giving straight answers is a wonderful policy that I am glad you all have adopted.

Thanks!
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

#9 Postby pojo » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:56 am

Thanks for thinking of us when you deleted Northweststormchaser. He was getting obnoxious and it was time (I hate to say that, but it was)
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#10 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:07 am

Exactly the word I would use for what was happening last night and maybe one other time...no fun in that!
0 likes   

Rainband

#11 Postby Rainband » Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:13 pm

I agree with the decision. He was getting a little annoying anyway. There are no exceptions to the rules and thats the bottom line.

Johnathan 8)
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#12 Postby cycloneye » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:18 am

Good for that banning because it was already annoying by the hour his posts.

And guys you haved seen how the administrators works here with plenty of flexible treatment but staying firm on the rules of storm2k.And also we inform all the members on what is going on with storm2k.
:D
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby JQ Public » Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:50 pm

He was ok on another forum i was on but here he was insanely annoying i dunno what happened. hopefully everything will be fine now. Oh yeh what is a cat5?
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”