All Members Please Read!

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

All Members Please Read!

#1 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:24 am

I am sorry to say that over the last couple of month's we've had several complaints concerning harrassment on both the message board and in the chat room. While I sincerely hope that this is just a function of flirting getting a little out of hand, this is a very serious situation. Legal harrassment is defined according to Black's Law Dictionary.

"A course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose" or "words, gestures, and actions which tend to annoy, alarm and abuse (verbally) another person."

Cases that DO NOT constitute harassment:

<li>Someone who simply disagrees with you, however strongly or unpleasantly.

<li>Someone who sends you a single e-mail that is not blatantly threatening.

<li>Spam, even though it is very annoying.

<li>Messages posted to any open arena, such as newsgroups, message boards, or forums or chat rooms, unless they are forged to appear to have come from you or contain direct threats or libelous statements.
Information posted on a website.

Cases that DO constitute harassment:

Repeated communication via e-mail or an instant messaging program after the harasser has been clearly told to stop. This includes the Private Message function of the board. It also includes direct communication via IRC.

Our Policy
If you feel that you are being harrassed please contact any member of the Staff with as many details as possible. Please include copies of any harrassing messages. If you need assistance with setting up IRC logging in MIRC, Pirch or AIM please contact Chad or Marshall. Any complaint of harrassment will be dealt with immediately by the Admin staff. Please do not take matters into your own hands. We are in a much better position to investigate and handle any situation that may occur.

If a member is found to be harrassing another member, immediate and permanent termination of all privileges on STORM2K related activities will result. Just so there are no doubts, we will work with the IRC.STORMDANCING.NET folks to terminate all privileges there as well. Since this is a private membership board the decision is entirely in the hands of the Administrator Team.

I hate that this sounds so negative but in order to maintain the integrity of the board and community we felt we needed to address this in the strongest terms possible. We are committed to maintaining a safe and fun environment for all of our members!

Thanks for everyone's support!

Marshall for the Admin and Moderator Staff
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#2 Postby ColdFront77 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:24 pm

Being such a frequent member of this board and one of a handful of Storm2K Chatroom individuals that visits the room... I haven't seen anything too bad that has caused problems.

I am apparently missing this (potentially) serious situation.
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”