Nash Roberts in the Times Picayune today!

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Nash Roberts in the Times Picayune today!

#1 Postby MGC » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:26 pm

The Tuesday, July 25th edition of the Times-Picayune has a wonderful article on Nash Roberts in the Living Section. Anyone that has spent any time in or around New Orleans knows the legacy of Nash Roberts. Though retired in 2001, Roberts still follows hurricanes. Katrina was the first hurricane Roberts evacuated for (me too). Roberts call Katrina the worst hurricane to hit New Orleans in the history of the city......MGC

http://www.nola.com/living/t-p/index.ss ... xml&coll=1

Edited by CM to make the link clickable
0 likes   

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby sunny » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:54 am

Oh man I miss Nash!!! Do you remember MGC how the joke was "if they took Nash out, dusted him off and put him in front of the camera, you had better pay attention"?!! The man is a legend.

Thanks for posting this!!!
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:44 am

Good ol' Nash!!! I can see him standing beside that old weather map, marker in hand, explaining all the ins and outs while drawing the fronts/systems that could affect a storm or its movements... all with that relatively soft, but ever so confident tone. Legend indeed! It was great reading some of his talk on this one.

Thanks here also.

A2K
0 likes   

MSRobi911
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby MSRobi911 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:47 am

Audrey2Katrina wrote:Good ol' Nash!!! I can see him standing beside that old weather map, marker in hand, explaining all the ins and outs while drawing the fronts/systems that could affect a storm or its movements... all with that relatively soft, but ever so confident tone. Legend indeed! It was great reading some of his talk on this one.

Thanks here also.

A2K

I haven't read the article, but plan on doing so. I loved and respected Nash Roberts sooooooooooo much. He knew when a storm was coming and where it was going. I would get soooo enthralled when he would start drawing lines all over the place and trying to understand what he was saying........I remember it well. Our cable dropped WWL and I really miss that channel.

Mary
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”