"Hurricane Katrina: South Mississippi's Story"

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

timNms
Category 5
Category 5

"Hurricane Katrina: South Mississippi's Story"

#1 Postby timNms » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:14 am

Everyone needs to get a copy of this 2-disc set produced by WLOX-TV out of Gulfport/Biloxi/Pascagoula, MS. The set was very well put together. It begins a couple of days before Katrina and continues thru the storm and shows the damage afterward. One of the tv station's reporters tells her horrifying story of survival. There is a story told of how some people barely escaped the surge with their lives by climbing on top of a couple of buildings while watching someone who was living in a travel trailer drown. The lady was sleeping and when the surge began coming in, she tried to get out, but couldn't get the door opened so she tried climbing thru a vent in the top of the trailer only to get stuck. The people interviewed said her body stayed there for 3 days before she was removed. HORRIBLE!!!

There are countless video shots of the damage along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. The video also shows before and after shots of scenes along highway 90. Finally someone focused on the horrible destruction that Mississippi suffered. I found a copy at Walmart in Hattiesburg for $19.99. If your local Walmart doesn't have copies, you can contact me and I'll see what I can do to get a copy for you. It is well worth the money! email me at tsduck2@bellsouth.net if you need help getting a copy.
0 likes   

Javlin
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Javlin » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:09 am

Tim that must of happen somewhere close by the woman who was trapped.I heard this story in the first two weeks aftewr the storm at work.I did not know if it was true.I heard that the eyewitnesses were helpless and all they could do was watch.
0 likes   

timNms
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby timNms » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:37 pm

Javlin wrote:Tim that must of happen somewhere close by the woman who was trapped.I heard this story in the first two weeks aftewr the storm at work.I did not know if it was true.I heard that the eyewitnesses were helpless and all they could do was watch.

Without looking at the cd again, I want to say it was in Hancock county. I think the place was a bar with a laundry mat next door (the bar was a log cabin and the lady who drowned was living at the campground nearby. The people who watched her drown were unable to help her because they were fighting to survive).
0 likes   

MSRobi911
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby MSRobi911 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:13 am

I ordered my copy from WLOX on line...well it gives you a number to call and I think I payed 29.99 for it...then I saw it this weekend at our local Walmart in Pascagoula for the 19.99. Sucks!

Anyway, its is a good video, the only thing is they don't have much of Jackson County/Pascagoula...mostly of Biloxi/Gulfport and a little of Bay St. Louis...but it is good and worth the money.

Mary
0 likes   

Audrey2Katrina
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Audrey2Katrina » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:40 am

Sounds like something I'd want to add to my Katrina Kollection... mostly for the kids to see when they think they WANT to have one of these monsters come their way.

A2K
Last edited by Audrey2Katrina on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Flossy 56, Audrey 57, Hilda 64*, Betsy 65*, Camille 69*, Edith 71, Carmen 74, Bob 79, Danny, 85, Elena 85, Juan 85, Florence 88, Andrew 92*, Opal 95, Danny 97, Georges 98*, Isidore 02, Lili 02, Ivan 04, Cindy 05*, Dennis 05, Katrina 05*, Gustav 08*, Isaac 12*, Nate 17, Barry 19, Cristobal 20, Marco, 20, Sally, 20, Zeta 20*, Claudette 21 IDA* 21

SouthFloridawx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby SouthFloridawx » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:03 am

Audrey2Katrina wrote:Sounds like something I'd want to add to my Katrina Kollection... mostly for the kids to see when they think they WANT to have one of these monsters come there way.

A2K

That's in excellant Idea
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”