Warning to curtail weekend plans

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

Warning to curtail weekend plans

#1 Postby GalvestonDuck » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:49 am

This from a well-established member on CrisisAlertNet who never posts unnecessary alerts or non-verified information:

"If I were planning a trip this weekend, I might go to plan B," Smith said.
"You would have enough fuel to get where you are going, but you might not
have the product you need to get back."

"Situation may last for months.."

Director of the Georgia Association of Petroleum Retailers
AJC
0 likes   

ncbird
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby ncbird » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:56 am

We were very worried about this also with Pebbles being here visiting. She, hubby, and the children left this morning, a couple days early, as we were worried they would run into problems finding fuel on the trip home.

Sigh... sad mom/grammy here but of course would rather them leave early than be stuck on the road not able to get gas. :cry:
0 likes   

aquaholic901
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3 Postby aquaholic901 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:58 am

I thought about this also since I'm going to the Keys. Then again, I wouldn't really mind being stuck there for awhile 8-)
0 likes   

Terry
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Terry » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:02 am

I've said this in chat already ---- when people start curtailing their vacations plans for this weekend and beyond, places that depend on tourist dollars will be hit hard. Another sad consequence of this mess.
0 likes   

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby beachbum_al » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:06 am

We are kind of stuck ourselves. Even though we live about 20 miles from the Gulf we need to go check on property in Orange Beach and take the boards off of one place. I told dh that we need to stay here and his thick skulled father can just wait. I don't think my fil understands the situation. And if I get one more call from him I am going to scream. All he can talked about is his precious condo that survived and I don't think he even cares about the people who have lost everything. I just don't understand people like him.

Like when he called to check all he wanted to know was how his condo was. Not how are you. How did your house survived? How is the town? I just don't understand him. I had friends from online calling me and checking on me because they saw pictures on CNN.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”