Our Katrina Experience

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#21 Postby Lindaloo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:43 pm

I know beachbum. I know it is not New Orleans fault, but I do blame the media. I really do not care for the media to even be here, to be honest. lol.

I understand that the levee breach was caused by a hurricane. BUT, if they had built the levee like it was supposed to have been built, the Ninth Ward would not even be an issue. They are totally forgetting about St. Bernard Parish that was destroyed by over the top flooding. You rarely hear about that either. The breach in the levee was a man made disaster. What happened to the MS/AL Coasts were caused by a natural disaster. Somehow, somewhere that has been totally overlooked.

I do not hear ANYTHING about LA/TX due to Rita. I mean NADA. And I do not hear ANYTHING about the coast of Florida hit by Wilma. I know there was destruction from Wilma because the company I work for transported two 25,000 pound generators there. Can you imagine the untold stories in all those areas? I sure would like to hear them.
0 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#22 Postby CrazyC83 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:29 pm

brunota2003 wrote:sorry...but I have to say this, it isnt NO's residents faults though, its the media's, everytime I hear a news article on the radio or read one it seems like only NO got effected, nothing outside of the city limits got affected at all...Katrina formed over NO and died over NO...at least according to the news media that appears what has happened...I really feel for you guys in areas that got just as hammered, but the media downplayed what happened in your areas...and anyone heard anything from Waveland or Gulfport recently? I havent heard a peep from there since Mark was last there...some 4 or 5 months ago...

There was also damage way, way inland too...although we were fortunate that Katrina didn't stall over the Appalachians or the valleys below would look like New Orleans as well...
0 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#23 Postby CrazyC83 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:31 pm

The media is out for what will bring in ratings and what will create long-lasting stories to promote themselves. It seems that the network newscasts are the worst at it.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”