FEMA: still screwing up!

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

FEMA: still screwing up!

#1 Postby MGC » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:25 pm

Seems to me that FEMA's left hand don't know what its right hand is doing. FEMA plans on closing the tent village in Pass Christian yet none of the residences have FEMA trailers yet. I guess the trailers are stuck in the mud in Arkansas. I pray none of you are struck by a major disaster as our government can't get its act together....MGC

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=4538866
0 likes   

MiamiensisWx

#2 Postby MiamiensisWx » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:02 pm

Fish storms for 2006, fish storms for 2006, fish storms for 2006, fishes, fishes, fishes, fishes, fishes, fishes, fishes...

Come on! Say it with me!
0 likes   

Javlin
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Javlin » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:28 pm

GEEZ Luis what is it with these people(FEMA).I would think that tent city in the long run was one of the cheapest avenues taken by the goverment.There has been some serios money wasted in this event but I do not think it happened at this tent camp.I hope something can be done in the long run.
0 likes   

TSmith274
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby TSmith274 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:04 am

Yeah... I don't understand how they can evict anyone from any form of temporary living until they straighten out this FEMA trailer mess. It's FEMA's fault that the trailers aren't there... not these people in tent cities and hotels. What a shame.
0 likes   

skysummit
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby skysummit » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:34 am

Now that we're getting so close to the new season, maybe we should start hoping that all those trailers do stay up in Arky for a while. That way they don't get destroyed along the coast.
0 likes   

Ixolib
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Ixolib » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:43 pm

skysummit wrote:Now that we're getting so close to the new season, maybe we should start hoping that all those trailers do stay up in Arky for a while. That way they don't get destroyed along the coast.

Interesting point to consider... I, myself, didn't get a trailer but everyone around me has one in their front yard. I really hope those tie-downs work like they are intended. FEMA gave the older gentleman who lives right next door one of those BIG models for disabled folks - very nice and brand spankin' new. It spans the entire width of his yard, from my driveway to the other neighbors yard. If it cuts loose, it's gonna cause a big bounce somewhere!!
0 likes   

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Aquawind » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:00 pm

Excellent point.. Don't tell me they are going to do nothing and leave it up to the residence to secure those things. Like they have enough to worry about if living in one and besides FEMA has money invested they should protect. Now is the time to get the ball rolling and get the hard part of preparation done.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#8 Postby CajunMama » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:05 pm

Wait...now you want fema to be responsible for the trailers they gave people? Shouldn't these people take on some responsiblity for the trailer also?????
0 likes   

MSRobi911
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby MSRobi911 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:39 pm

FEMA straps down every trailer and winterized the water lines into the trailers too and put up temporary power poles if needed and are building stairs, wheelchair ramps, etc, slowly but surely. They have been to our trailer once a month since that brought the dang thing October 31st and sometimes twice a month. When they put it in the goof brain let the air out of two of the tires on one side to level the trailer, I guess so he didn't have to put it up on blocks, but anyway we get written up every time for having flat tires...not our fault. But I would assume if we damaged the trailer we would be responsible for it. I know after Georges our children broke out the glass in the door, don't ask they were horse-playing, and we had to replace it, didn't ask, just did it.

And MGC do you really think they are going to get their act together?????????

Mary
0 likes   

skysummit
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby skysummit » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:45 pm

Wow...I didn't realize they're going to the trailers and inspecting them.
0 likes   

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby beachbum_al » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:39 pm

Well I just started about the thousands of FEMA trailer here in South Alabama that are just sitting there....I think I just answered my questions for my thread. No they are not getting to those who need them.
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby Lindaloo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:47 pm

We have seven FEMA trailer parks here in Pascagoula. Where in the heck did all these folks come from?? Most of them living in those trailers are driving cars with expensive rims and stereo systems in them.

Pascagoula Police are called out at least 4 times a night to these crime infested trailer parks. Most of the calls are domestic disturbance calls. I wish these people would go back to where they came from.
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby Lindaloo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:49 pm

CajunMama wrote:Wait...now you want fema to be responsible for the trailers they gave people? Shouldn't these people take on some responsibility for the trailer also?????

They have to take some responsibility. If the occupant breaks a window, they have to pay for it. Here lately they are finding high levels of formaldehyde in these trailers which is causing people to get sick. Sounds like a FEMA responsibility to me!
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”