Something disturbing...

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

wxmann_91
Category 5
Category 5

Something disturbing...

#1 Postby wxmann_91 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:58 am

‘Nature's fury on Bush, US’
From a correspondent

2 September 2005

BAGHDAD — “Nature is taking its fury on America", the latest instance being Hurricane Katrina, that has killed over 100 people so far, and wrought devastation across wide swathes of the United States.

This is the view of many Iraqis, who watch with curiosity the flooding unleashed by the hurricane in the US in the past few days.

"Bush and America are made to pay a price for his reckless and devastating acts in Iraq", they say, pointing to reports that the highest-ever two-year total for overall hurricane activity in the North Atlantic was recorded in the past two years, followed by more disasters this year for America.

Katrina caused damages in billions of dollars for the US, and is cited as one of the most costly hurricanes in US history. Four out of the nine worst storms that hit the US in the past three decades, occurred during Bush's reign.

Ivan storm last year cost the US 14.2 billion dollars in damage, while storm Frances in the same year cost 8.9 billion dollars, and Charley, also in 2004, cost Americans 7.5 billion dollars.

A million people were estimated to have fled their homes as deadly storm Kathrina advanced, while those who stayed back were reported to be running out of water and electricity in the storm and flood-hit areas.

“We go without water and electricity, and they too suffer the same, thanks to Mother Nature", said an elderly Iraqi running a restaurant in central Baghdad.

Source

Hmmm... :eek:

(edited to change the title, original title was too overeactive)
0 likes   

aumoore
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

I have a perfect solution

#2 Postby aumoore » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:16 am

Put all the looters on a plane for Iraq and turn them loose.
0 likes   

MBismyPlayground
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby MBismyPlayground » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:37 am

I am not the least bit surprised. I just posted something on here abut how the rest of the world is watching this unfold. I did not want to add that this reaction would become very common for these countries, afraid it would be considered political. :( The people in this country are watching the GREAT AMERICA sit back and watch people die...(their mind set ) while their mighty military does nothing......blah blah.....I can only imagine the things they will say.......
We have a war occuring in our own backyard. We(as a country) are allowing many to die, as we sit back and watch. I am sure it is amazing to other countries how we can respond so quickly to any other crisis or disaster world wide, yet in 5 days, we have not even rescued everyone out of the destruction,let alone evacuated them. They cannot help but notice in other times of crisis worldwide, immediate food, water, and treatment tents, along with adequate shelter were provided for them, yet not for our own. These same countries that we have aided, some were under unrest or wars.....and we still did it. Yet, we are running and stop operations because of some thug snipers. Something our military deal with on a day to day basis! They just make sure they have a few snipers on their side to even out the odds. Night vision goggles work well to catch the nasty vermin. POOF and they can be gone<snap> like that.....
0 likes   

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

#4 Postby GalvestonDuck » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:25 am

I knew it was only a matter of time before we'd hear about them celebrating this. :grr:
0 likes   

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby beachbum_al » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:42 am

You know it is probably few amount of Iraqis that feel that way like it is a small proportion of New Orleans that is consider the trouble makers causing all of the problems with rescue efforts. The rest of the innocent.
0 likes   

Maestro
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#6 Postby Maestro » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:46 am

MBismyPlayground wrote:I am not the least bit surprised. I just posted something on here abut how the rest of the world is watching this unfold. I did not want to add that this reaction would become very common for these countries, afraid it would be considered political. :( The people in this country are watching the GREAT AMERICA sit back and watch people die...(their mind set ) while their mighty military does nothing......blah blah.....I can only imagine the things they will say.......
We have a war occuring in our own backyard. We(as a country) are allowing many to die, as we sit back and watch. I am sure it is amazing to other countries how we can respond so quickly to any other crisis or disaster world wide, yet in 5 days, we have not even rescued everyone out of the destruction,let alone evacuated them. They cannot help but notice in other times of crisis worldwide, immediate food, water, and treatment tents, along with adequate shelter were provided for them, yet not for our own. These same countries that we have aided, some were under unrest or wars.....and we still did it. Yet, we are running and stop operations because of some thug snipers. Something our military deal with on a day to day basis! They just make sure they have a few snipers on their side to even out the odds. Night vision goggles work well to catch the nasty vermin. POOF and they can be gone<snap> like that.....

If I was a volunteer working 18 days in miserable conditions and I read your post saying I was sitting back and watching people die I would be very put off.

Other countries immedeatly help their victims? You mean like the countries that America sends billions of dollars to every time there is a disaster over-seas? (tsunami ring any bells?)
0 likes   

HurriCat

#7 Postby HurriCat » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:52 am

That's it. :x

Okay smarties, give us the TIMELINE on the Tsunami relief efforts!

DO IT. How long after the event did the aid get there? It's been less than FOUR DAYS since the storm hit.

OOPS, wasn't a vast amount of it gobbled up by the governments of those same countries and in many, many cases the victims never got a cent or a scrap?

OKAY THEN. Not as you want us to believe, so quit lying.

I'm sorry, but this damned Tsunami mantra thing has gotten as stinky as that floodwater.
0 likes   

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

#8 Postby GalvestonDuck » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:01 am

Maestro wrote:
MBismyPlayground wrote:I am not the least bit surprised. I just posted something on here abut how the rest of the world is watching this unfold. I did not want to add that this reaction would become very common for these countries, afraid it would be considered political. :( The people in this country are watching the GREAT AMERICA sit back and watch people die...(their mind set ) while their mighty military does nothing......blah blah.....I can only imagine the things they will say.......

If I was a volunteer working 18 days in miserable conditions and I read your post saying I was sitting back and watching people die I would be very put off.

Other countries immedeatly help their victims? You mean like the countries that America sends billions of dollars to every time there is a disaster over-seas? (tsunami ring any bells?)

Re-read MB's post. Not other countries immediately helping their victims, but US -- we, the U.S.A -- helping them.
0 likes   

Maestro
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#9 Postby Maestro » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:14 am

My apologies :cry:
0 likes   

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby GalvestonDuck » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:28 am

Maestro wrote:My apologies :cry:

(((((HUGS)))) It's okay...it happens.
0 likes   

sponger
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby sponger » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:35 pm

The truth is their alot of people in the world who are glad to see us suffer! They all act like America should pay for its crimes, you know feeding the world, freeing the oppressed, defending their backside.

The day will come when a international 911 call will not be answered either because we are gone or will have bigger problems to deal with. Only then will some understand what the world will be like with out the US to come to the rescue.
0 likes   

tndefender
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby tndefender » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:43 pm

beachbum_al wrote:You know it is probably few amount of Iraqis that feel that way like it is a small proportion of New Orleans that is consider the trouble makers causing all of the problems with rescue efforts. The rest of the innocent.

Apparently you haven't spent very much time in the Middle East.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”