Total Breakdown!

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

crazycajuncane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Total Breakdown!

#1 Postby crazycajuncane » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:38 am

This country has failed us.

In a time of need, the country we depend on to keep us alive has totally failed us.

How can you possible not have some sort of plan when you have 1 million plus people living in an area that was bound to become flooded one day?

The governor, president and mayor didn't work together in the beginning.

New Orleans is saldy going to be gone as we know it. There will be no New Orleans as we knew it two weeks ago. The water will have to drain... the soil be treated... the houses rebuilt... the roads rebuilt.

So many people are to blame here. We should be careful in who we elect the next 20 years in office. We need people who know what its like to live without air and water.

THINK about who you elect to office next time. Do you want some dumbshit like Mary Landrieu as your senator? She's too busy shaking hands with other lawmakers then getting her hands dirty.

Do you want George Bush who decides to visit Louisiana 2 days after the storm. He's be in texas in a heartbeat. He'd be in Florida in a heartbeat.

Do you want a total breakdown of society where you live?

WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THESE PEOPLE WE ARE ELECTING TO OFFICE.

We need to fix our future now.
0 likes   

TreasureIslandFLGal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Clearwater, Florida ~3 miles from the coast now. We finally moved safely off the barrier island!

#2 Postby TreasureIslandFLGal » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:46 am

well said
0 likes   

PTrackerLA
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby PTrackerLA » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:48 am

My thoughts exactly. That's how most people feel right now in Louisiana. Neglected...
0 likes   

HurricaneBill
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby HurricaneBill » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:14 am

This is turning out to be a huge mess. And I have a feeling the political quagmire will last longer than Katrina.
0 likes   

wolfmmiii
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: Total Breakdown!

#5 Postby wolfmmiii » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:16 am

crazycajuncane wrote:This country has failed us.

In a time of need, the country we depend on to keep us alive has totally failed us.

How can you possible not have some sort of plan when you have 1 million plus people living in an area that was bound to become flooded one day?

The governor, president and mayor didn't work together in the beginning.

New Orleans is saldy going to be gone as we know it. There will be no New Orleans as we knew it two weeks ago. The water will have to drain... the soil be treated... the houses rebuilt... the roads rebuilt.

So many people are to blame here. We should be careful in who we elect the next 20 years in office. We need people who know what its like to live without air and water.

THINK about who you elect to office next time. Do you want some dumbshit like Mary Landrieu as your senator? She's too busy shaking hands with other lawmakers then getting her hands dirty.

Do you want George Bush who decides to visit Louisiana 2 days after the storm. He's be in texas in a heartbeat. He'd be in Florida in a heartbeat.

Do you want a total breakdown of society where you live?

WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THESE PEOPLE WE ARE ELECTING TO OFFICE.

We need to fix our future now.

It's odd that you include the President (for not visiting right away) and a Senator but you leave out the 2 closest to the situation - LA Governor and NO Mayor???

To be honest, the place isn't even safe enough for the president to visit.
0 likes   

Josephine96

#6 Postby Josephine96 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:52 am

I feel so bad for a lot of these people.. Hearing the ones chanting "we want help"!

Or the stories of people still on roofs who may not get rescued because it was getting too dangerous.

This is trutfully "3rd world" folks.. It's only going to get worse.

Fema and the Red Cross are taking too freaking long to mobilize and get to these people. These people feel abandonded, neglected and forgot.

it is not fair!
0 likes   

cmdebbie
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#7 Postby cmdebbie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:45 am

I most absolutely WOULD want Bush as my President! I would NOT however want Blanco as my Governor or Nagin as my Mayor.

They should have brought in Jeb Bush as Governor and Rudy Guiliano as Mayor. They both know how to react in a crisis!!! It's been proven time and time again!
Last edited by cmdebbie on Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Roxy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby Roxy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:48 am

It's pathetic that there has been all this talk about how this COULD happen but they really had no viable plan in case it did. It's the local officials I blame.

And as for the President, do you realize that him going there only puts more of a burden on the rescue/relief efforts?
0 likes   

cmdebbie
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#9 Postby cmdebbie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:54 am

crazycajuncane wrote:Do you want George Bush who decides to visit Louisiana 2 days after the storm. He's be in texas in a heartbeat. He'd be in Florida in a heartbeat.

Actually, the truth is that it was several days after the hurricanes in Florida before George Bush visited. It takes alot of resources for a President to visit, and during these difficult and devastating times I respect that he does not want to take needed resources away from those who need them the most. He would really get bashed then!

That aside, my heavy heart goes out to all of those affected!!!
0 likes   

Trader Ron
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby Trader Ron » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:01 am

I guess it's President Bush's fault, that the Savages are running wild.

I hear about shots being fired at Hospitals. Women and CHILDREN being raped.

These people are as bad as terrorists !
0 likes   

Starburst
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby Starburst » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:09 am

I do feel for those that are there. I know they are hungry and thristy, hot etc.. It is not helping though that that some of the folks in New Orleans are shooting the same folks that are trying to help them. It is almost unsafe for anyone to get in there and try to help. I am almost to the point of believing they can place blame for the delay in help on their own New Orleans people and the behavior. This is just my opinion. :roll:
0 likes   

vacanechaser
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby vacanechaser » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:09 am

Roxy wrote:It's pathetic that there has been all this talk about how this COULD happen but they really had no viable plan in case it did. It's the local officials I blame.

And as for the President, do you realize that him going there only puts more of a burden on the rescue/relief efforts?

Exactly!!! They cant even restore order there yet, with people shooting at military choppers, boats, and the very people who are there to help... These folks need to have the military, and local police to help get the city in order, and to get everyone out.... Instead, you want the President to come down there and take the security away from their jobs right now, saving lives, to protect the President... And thats exactly what will happen... to even suggest that is rediculous right now...

Jesse V. Bass III
http://www.vastormphoto.com
0 likes   

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby beachbum_al » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:09 am

I can understand the people of LA being hurt and confused. Even mad. But I do understand why the President has not been there. First they need to get some control over NO which means bringing in the troops and stopping the gangs (which I am assuming are the ones responsible for the shooting and looting) In my personal opinion I think the Governor messed up big time. It is almost like she doesn't know what to do in a case of severe disaster.

Believe me I am worry about people in NO. We have some close friends who live there and haven't heard from. I am sure they got out but not knowing is hard.

The reason why I haven't brought the Mayor is because I am not sure what is going on with him. I have heard reports that he is in NO near the convention center. I am not sure how much power he has when the governor of LA will not call Martial Law. The way the government works is that the local answers to the state and the state answers to the federal. After this mess I think that maybe the local governments should be able to ask the federal for help without having to go through all of the red tape.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby Brent » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:58 am

crazycajuncane wrote:Do you want George Bush who decides to visit Louisiana 2 days after the storm. He's be in texas in a heartbeat. He'd be in Florida in a heartbeat.

Incorrect.

After Ivan... he went down 2 or 3 days after the storm(I know it was the weekend and Ivan hit early on Thursday) to AL/FL. So your theory is flawed...

I do agree with you I wouldn't want Landrieu as my senator either... but I also wouldn't want the Governor or the New Orleans mayor. They are both incompetent. I find it funny that everyone starts blaming the Federal Government(again).
0 likes   
#neversummer

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby mf_dolphin » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:15 am

ADMIN Note: Suspensions are being handed out as we speak. Either clean it up or we'll see you in a couple of weeks.
0 likes   

mascpa
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby mascpa » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:59 am

mf_dolphin wrote:ADMIN Note: Suspensions are being handed out as we speak. Either clean it up or we'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Martial law at S2K??? Just kidding guys. We all know that everyone is stressed over this situation, it's really unlike anything we've witnessed or experienced before. I just don't see the point of playing the blame game at this point in time. There will be plenty of time later. I think it would be better if we all could find some positive way to channel our energies now. I challenge each of us to find some way to do something positive to help. There are great minds and hearts on this board. Let's put them to work.
0 likes   

cmdebbie
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#17 Postby cmdebbie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:00 am

mascpa wrote:
mf_dolphin wrote:ADMIN Note: Suspensions are being handed out as we speak. Either clean it up or we'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Martial law at S2K??? Just kidding guys. We all know that everyone is stressed over this situation, it's really unlike anything we've witnessed or experienced before. I just don't see the point of playing the blame game at this point in time. There will be plenty of time later. I think it would be better if we all could find some positive way to channel our energies now. I challenge each of us to find some way to do something positive to help. There are great minds and hearts on this board. Let's put them to work.

AMEN!!! I agree 100%! No point in blaming anyone at this time...lets just get the job done. Our country should be united at this time!!!
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”