An Apology.

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

jasons2k
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

An Apology.

#1 Postby jasons2k » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:01 am

Hey gang:

I just want to make an apology to the board. I have been very stressed this week and I may have had a short fuse at times. I don't think (I hope) I never crossed the line with anybody and I want all of you to know I respect all of you and your opinions. You feel like family in this tragedy.

I'm just very upset right now with what I'm seeing. Without pointing fingers, I just think that we, as a nation, can do better. But I know there are brighter days ahead. I have faith that God will pull us through this, after all, he never gives us anything we can't handle.

The magnitude of this whole event has me in an emotional wreck. I see people dying, day after day, and this is just the beginning of it all. We all have a tough road ahead, especially the ones who have lost loved ones and/or homes. Not any disrespect towards those affected by the big ones last year, but this one was THE big one in all respects. I just feel awful that on day one, I was one of the ones screaming "it could have been worse!". Maybe theoretically so, but for now, today, this is THE real deal. The losses are just incalculable, at least for months, maybe years. I'm afraid it will be worse than Galveston, and all the blaming aside, that makes me the saddest I think I have been since 9/11, maybe more.

Again, I'm sorry if I ever upset anyone on this board.

All I can say is...pray.
0 likes   

photoguy
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#2 Postby photoguy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:05 am

I'm praying with you.
0 likes   

jasons2k
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#3 Postby jasons2k » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:10 am

photoguy wrote:I'm praying with you.

Thank you.
0 likes   

TexasSam
Category 2
Category 2

#4 Postby TexasSam » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:11 am

It's ok. it's been a tough week. do what I'm going to do after I write this, and go to bed. Bad thing about that it seems every time I wake up for the last few days, something else has happened, and things just keep getting worse. I hope the USA can soon turn that corner, and thing will be getting better fast.
Night / Morning all.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”