My Brother-in-Law - good story

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

jasons2k
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

My Brother-in-Law - good story

#1 Postby jasons2k » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:50 pm

Something amazing. My Brother-in-law worked for Morgan Buildings last year and he helped to coordinate a lot of the FEMA temporary housing after Charley, and then the Ohio floods last year. After it was over, he ended-up moving to Houston and finding a job here.

Well, somehow, Morgan tracked him down and practically begged him to come and help. He said it was by far their largest effort and needed anyone to help them get temporary housing set-up.

I got a call from him tonight and he's headed to Dallas to pick-up a trailer and supplies at Morgan HQ, then he's heading to Biloxi. He left his job at the drop of a hat to go. He's very excited to be helping, but hoping he's prepared for what's he about to see.
Last edited by jasons2k on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

SkeetoBite
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby SkeetoBite » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:57 pm

Thank God for him and this positive post. That is good news and sounds like the right man for the job.

Tell him to stay safe, we may need him a lot over the next 10 years... or so.....
0 likes   

jasons2k
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: My Brother-in-Law - good story

#3 Postby jasons2k » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:09 pm

He said it may be 2 years.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”