Andrew? Katrina?

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Talon402
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#21 Postby Talon402 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 pm

BLHutch wrote:
Talon402 wrote:Why don't have the next thread about how "George Bush flew out to the Gulf and souped up Katrina to drive up oil prices"

:lol: Thanks for posting that! It is the first laugh I've had all day.

Thank you, thank you; I'll be here at Storm2k.org all week. Be sure to tip your moderators.
0 likes   

m_ru
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#22 Postby m_ru » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:24 pm

isnt there some show about a hurricane in florida and "what really happened" with aliens and all sorts of stuff. It's a new show...sci-fi bull crap. Entertaining and all...but give me a break.

I bet there were aliens that hovered their spaceship in the eye and then came down and abducted 10,000 people. lol
0 likes   

m_ru
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#23 Postby m_ru » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:28 pm

and anyway...the reason Katrina is so bad is because first of all...the massive surge...and second where it hit. Andrew was more of a wind event than surge event...I'm sure there were areas that were flooded but not like in the MS gulf coast. The wind doesn't kill people nearly as often as the water does.
0 likes   

aumoore
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#24 Postby aumoore » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:46 pm

m_ru wrote:isnt there some show about a hurricane in Florida and "what really happened" with aliens and all sorts of stuff. It's a new show...sci-fi bull crap. Entertaining and all...but give me a break.

I bet there were aliens that hovered their spaceship in the eye and then came down and abducted 10,000 people. lol

You beat me to this post :D

Maybe Aliens have infiltrated the Government and they use these Natural disasters to harvest people for breeding, as we all know Aliens have no genitalia. Or maybe we are just the Aliens version of McDonalds and they are ordering at the drive thru Hurricane. :roll:

I agree it is easy to believe all the conspiracy theories out there but I have never seen concrete evidence of any.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby Brent » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:57 pm

Talon402 wrote:Why don't have the next thread about how "George Bush flew out to the Gulf and souped up Katrina to drive up oil prices"

:roflmao: :fools:

That was HILARIOUS!!!

I guess we know why MKT2005 is a "guest" now. :wink:
0 likes   
#neversummer

MiaMom
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Guess You Believe EVERYTHING you read, too.

#26 Postby MiaMom » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Golly, is that what happened to ME during Hurricane Andrew? Alien abduction? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Folks, rest assured. No gov't conspiracy with Andrew. A lot of people simply moved out of town. They got their insurance check, sold their property for land value and decided to head for other parts.

Someone did a study after Andrew (believe it was printed in the Miami Herald) that showed how the severity of rumor grew in direct relationship to where the most damage was. I myself heard ALL those rumors practically the next day after Andrew hit and from very credible personal sources: the US Govt burying an entire, enormous appt complex of bodies, children being snatched out of their parent's arms by strong winds, radioactive storm, and on and on. These researchers actually tracked back the very same rumors I also heard, and not a one was found to be true. Problem is these rumors are one long string of the game of "telephone" so everyone knows they are true as they hear them from people they are close to. Hurricanes are scary, trying times, and this one is by far worse than Andrew, so the rumors would naturally be larger. No way these two storms should be compared.

Andrew showed me the vast majority of people are good, really good, red, white, black, yellow or green skin color, it doesn't matter. It is a small percentage that a storm brings out the worst in, but they are the ones that make the news.

From someone who was out of her house for 2 years after Andrew...
0 likes   

BLHutch
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#27 Postby BLHutch » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:46 pm

aumoore wrote:
Maybe Aliens have infiltrated the Government and they use these Natural disasters to harvest people for breeding, as we all know Aliens have no genitalia. Or maybe we are just the Aliens version of McDonalds and they are ordering at the drive thru Hurricane. :roll:

So what you are saying is that in addition to storm surge, wind, and disease, we now have to worry about anal probes in the midst of a hurricane? What will be next!!!!! :wink:

Brady H.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”