The Worst and then the Best In Americans...

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

The Worst and then the Best In Americans...

#1 Postby azskyman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:36 pm

I sit here on the island of Maui watching the devastation in New Orleans on TV between waves of the palm trees and cool tropical drinks or dips in the pool. I feel almost guilty for having this opportunity while so many are missing, hungry, and lost on the mainland.

Catastrophic events can and do occur...and we Americans are vulnerable too.

Katrina will bring out the best and worst in people...but in the end, we will prevail as a country and a people.

Watch now and feel helpless and sad. Participate in ways that you can. And then watch this country once again rise above the challenge and show the world who we are all about.

Seems hopeless today....but it will improve in the months and years ahead. Americans have a way of doing that.
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby breeze » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:47 pm

You said it right, poppysky - that's a big 'ole "A-men"!!
0 likes   

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby beachbum_al » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:10 pm

You know you are right. Right now it seems like the end of the world but I know in a couple of weeks we will be back and helping each other. Already People from all over the world are trying to help. The good in people outweighs the bad in a few people.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”