The best tropical team around the net is in storm2k

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

The best tropical team around the net is in storm2k

#1 Postby cycloneye » Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:57 am

By far what we have in storm2k in terms of the tropical team of experts and amateours is the best all around the net and I can assure all here that the best information about the 2003 hurricane season will be found here. :D :D

I only will mention some of the experts who are going to help us in the season because we have to contact still some people but what we have now is A+.

Tropicalwxwatcher
Supercane
Kevin-wx
Cycloneye
Derek Ortt
M Watkins
Vbhoutex
Derecho
Barometer Bob
StormsFury
Ohiostorm
Huffwx

As I said still we have to bring here some other experts to come and help but as you can see with this team right now we can cover all the bases and discuss and analize all of the tropics.
Last edited by cycloneye on Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby wx247 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:37 am

What about me? LOL J/k. ;) I can see that we do have a great group of people to analyze and forecast the tropics. I remember several from TWC's Tropical Board last season.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby cycloneye » Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:38 pm

Yep at TWC it was a good group there discussing the hurricane season but now storm2k is over TWC by far.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

#4 Postby Guest » Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:55 pm

Need to add Stormsfury, Huffwx and Ohiostorm to that list too....I am sure there will be others as the season fast approaches.

Patricia
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#5 Postby cycloneye » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:07 pm

Yes ticka as time goes by more will come and it will be the best board for discussing tropical weather is concerned
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:11 am

That is the plan!! Still need to prod some replies out of some people.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

ColdFront77

#7 Postby ColdFront77 » Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:58 am

I was on TWCs Tropical 2002 very often, too. :)
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby mf_dolphin » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:31 am

We're definitely gathering a great team! :D
0 likes   

#9 Postby Guest » Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:19 pm

Dont forget me. That list does look impressive to say the least! I have two seasons one is Winter which most know here and the other is the Tropical season! 2 months, 1day and 8hours left till the season kicks in offically! :)
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#10 Postby cycloneye » Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:42 pm

King of Weather in storm2k you will not see the bickering and flaming as it is right now at the tropical board at TWC and the most important thing is that the information will come all the time and it will be the best so stay here and any question that you may have about the tropics dont hesitate and ask. :D
0 likes   

#11 Postby Guest » Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:19 pm

Saw that too cycloneye over at twc? And thanks for the reply. :D I will be here alot that you can count on! :D
0 likes   

Anonymous

#12 Postby Anonymous » Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:28 pm

I would just like to say that what is going on at TWC isn't as bad as it may seem. A few people over there are just too stubborn to change their minds about the tropical season even when the facts have been presented. Things will die down over there and the board will be back to normal in a matter of days.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#13 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:59 pm

Though I will be incredibly busy during the hurricane season (in all liklihood, and incredible research load this summer at RSMAS, plus continuing to grow the NWHHC, hopefully into the mainstream), I will be posting here from time to time (now if only I could load this site from work, lol)
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby chadtm80 » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:59 pm

now if only I could load this site from work

I know.. That prevents so many users from coming over :cry:
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#15 Postby cycloneye » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:11 am

Chad and mf I hope that someday that is resolved because many members are working and they can't come here but as I said something can be worked out.
0 likes   

Allexpert Mike
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#16 Postby Allexpert Mike » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:22 pm

Well I just recently joined the team,,,,bout a day ago. I don't know if i'll be in the tropical analysis part, however I prefer more of the USA analysis,,,heck even Iraq analysis as I did couple times this year....lol.

All and all some of the tropical forecasters are realllly good and I don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same topic as them when it comes to tropical wx. I'm still learning,,,,,however I picked up a few things so far,,,(thanks Jason :D )
0 likes   

Anonymous

#17 Postby Anonymous » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:24 pm

however I picked up a few things so far,,,(thanks Jason )

Anytime! :D
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#18 Postby southerngale » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:07 pm

Great!!

I can't wait guys and girls :D
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#19 Postby mf_dolphin » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:18 pm

If anyone is having problems getting into the site from work please send me a PM. I have no problems getting in even though my PC at work is behind two seperate firewalls. I am a network and communications consultant by trade and may be able to help resolve some of these issues! :-)
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#20 Postby chadtm80 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:23 pm

If anyone is having problems getting into the site from work please send me a PM. I have no problems getting in even though my PC at work is behind two seperate firewalls. I am a network and communications consultant by trade and may be able to help resolve some of these issues!

That would be great :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”