Dr Grays april forecast calls for an active season 12/8/3

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Rainband

#21 Postby Rainband » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:30 pm

I don't worry too much about CV storms..Just the ones in the carrib and gulf. Question: will the Bremuda high be a factor this year and turn storms away before eastcoast landfall?? Thanks for the info..

Johnathan :wink:
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#22 Postby cycloneye » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:38 pm

Rainband I have to worrie about what is going on at the cape verde area because of my location and this season that area will be a breathing ground for systems to develop.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Anonymous

#23 Postby Anonymous » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:44 pm

Originally posted by Rainband:
I don't worry too much about CV storms..Just the ones in the carrib and gulf. Question: will the Bremuda high be a factor this year and turn storms away before eastcoast landfall?? Thanks for the info..

Well, the CV area is where most storms originate, so it's a very important region to evaulate.

As for the Bermuda high, yes, it is a factor for the track of storms. A weaker Bermuda high would generally translate to less east coast hits, and vice-versa. What will it's strength be this year? You'll find out on May 25 when TWW, Kevin, and I release our seasonal forecast. :wink: I will say this though, it has been rather strong this past winter...
0 likes   

Rainband

#24 Postby Rainband » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:51 pm

Thanks for the information Rob..Looking foward to your forecast!! :wink: I only meant I don't worry about CV storms here on the west coast of florida..They always miss us :lol: Thanks again.. :D

Johnathan
0 likes   

Anonymous

#25 Postby Anonymous » Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:02 pm

Anytime man. 8)
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby chadtm80 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:21 pm

You'll find out on May 25 when TWW, Kevin, and I release our seasonal forecast.

Looking Forward to it :wink:
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#27 Postby ColdFront77 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:24 pm

Sounds good, it will be released just two days before I leave for my fourteen day visit with family in Massachusetts. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”