ATLANTIC STORM NAMES FOR 2008

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
OtherHD
Category 5
Category 5

ATLANTIC STORM NAMES FOR 2008

#1 Postby OtherHD » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:13 am

Arthur
Bertha
Cristobal
Dolly
Edouard
Fay
Gustav
Hanna
Ike replaces Isidore
Josephine
Kyle
Laura replaces Lili
Marco
Nana
Omar
Paloma
Rene
Sally
Teddy
Vicky
Wilfred

Source: http://www.cura.net/~fcapello/html/Hurricane_names.htm
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#2 Postby cycloneye » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:46 am

Well the decision has been made to retire both Isidore and Lili but I was in favor of Isidore being retired because of the Yucatan damage and deaths there. But Lili didn't cause as much deaths and destruction as IZZY did however in western Cuba it made extensive damage there.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Anonymous

#3 Postby Anonymous » Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:09 pm

Good. I think the correct decision was made. Isidore caused considerable damage to the Yucatan Peninsula, and Lili had a long trail of damage across the Caribbean and then in Louisiana. Both names needed to go.
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Stormsfury » Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:56 pm

I have to agree with Supercane ... Lili did indeed have quite an impact on the Western Caribbean ... particularly Cuba with incredible rainfall amounts on top of what Isidore put down just a short time prior.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#5 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:59 pm

I agree with you Supercane and Mike; with the damage Isidore and Lili caused, I had a feeling that they would both be retired. Both systems were potent enough to be considered "eligible" for retirement. :)

I will be looking forward to see what Ike and Laura do. 8)
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby mf_dolphin » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:06 pm

I think they made a good decision as well. Both storms created enough damage along their path to qualify,.
0 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby Steve » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:37 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm glad they got retired since I got a piece of both of them. They were both great as were the free holidays I got for them. Isidore brought some serious flooding rains in the City. I barely made it home from dowtown. The roof above my office leaked and caused the drop-tiles to crumble and disintegrate, and a plaster wall at my house was ruined from rain getting in from under a window sill. I only drank a 6 pack. For Lili, we got 7 or 8 bands circling in over us between 11pm and 10am. I drank a 12 pack of Abita Amber in for Lili. Both storms rocked, though I only got tropical storm conditions.

You know me. I'll take what I can get.

Steve
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”