The dead season reasons.

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
sponger
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

The dead season reasons.

#1 Postby sponger » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:29 pm

Okay, the Atlantic looks like a hostile, dry sheared place where tropical systems go to die for months on end. I would like to start a discussion about the reasons why. Lets hear from anyone with a opinion! My explanation explains most of the weather extremes we are seeing and it is not pretty. I propose the weather anomalies globally are being caused by a Grand Solar Minimum. A weakening of the suns protective magnetic field that allows Cosmic Rays to increase. These rays weaken the jet stream allowing arctic and tropical air to mix in ways not seen for 150 years. This would account for the expanse of mid level dry air in the North Eastern Atlantic. It also explains the multiple 1000 year floods, droughts and hail storms. Any thoughts????
3 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

NotSparta
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: The dead season reasons.

#2 Postby NotSparta » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:30 pm

Maybe it's the aliens too
11 likes   
This post was probably an opinion of mine, and in no way is official. Please refer to http://www.hurricanes.gov for official tropical analysis and advisories.

My website, with lots of tropical wx graphics, including satellite and recon: http://cyclonicwx.com

HuracanMaster
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3 Postby HuracanMaster » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:00 am

Its a weird season for sure, but I think we will have a very active second half. Theres too much unrealased energy in the atlantic thus far. I dont think itll remains bottled up for the rest of the season.
Im calling a delayed switch around September 22. 8-)
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Hammy » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:12 am

While I'm not entirely sure what the background cause is, the over-amplified monsoon trough causing these massive, sprawling gyres rather than compact waves is a major cause--if the disturbances themselves are faulty so to speak, that's going to make it difficult for them to develop no matter where they reach
4 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

MHC Tracking
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#5 Postby MHC Tracking » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:41 am

sponger wrote:Okay, the Atlantic looks like a hostile, dry sheared place where tropical systems go to die for months on end. I would like to start a discussion about the reasons why. Lets hear from anyone with a opinion! My explanation explains most of the weather extremes we are seeing and it is not pretty. I propose the weather anomalies globally are being caused by a Grand Solar Minimum. A weakening of the suns protective magnetic field that allows Cosmic Rays to increase. These rays weaken the jet stream allowing arctic and tropical air to mix in ways not seen for 150 years. This would account for the expanse of mid level dry air in the North Eastern Atlantic. It also explains the multiple 1000 year floods, droughts and hail storms. Any thoughts????

IMO, moreso AGW enabling the anomalous subtropical warmth, weakening the Hadley Cell and allowing for more dry air in the Atlantic basin. This happened in 2013 as well.
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Hammy » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:28 am

MHC Tracking wrote:
sponger wrote:Okay, the Atlantic looks like a hostile, dry sheared place where tropical systems go to die for months on end. I would like to start a discussion about the reasons why. Lets hear from anyone with a opinion! My explanation explains most of the weather extremes we are seeing and it is not pretty. I propose the weather anomalies globally are being caused by a Grand Solar Minimum. A weakening of the suns protective magnetic field that allows Cosmic Rays to increase. These rays weaken the jet stream allowing arctic and tropical air to mix in ways not seen for 150 years. This would account for the expanse of mid level dry air in the North Eastern Atlantic. It also explains the multiple 1000 year floods, droughts and hail storms. Any thoughts????

IMO, moreso AGW enabling the anomalous subtropical warmth, weakening the Hadley Cell and allowing for more dry air in the Atlantic basin. This happened in 2013 as well.

2005 had a similar setup though. In fact 2013's subtropics were actually cooler than both this year and 2005.
2 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Category5Kaiju » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:39 am

Hammy wrote:
MHC Tracking wrote:

2005 had a similar setup though. In fact 2013's subtropics were actually cooler than both this year and 2005.

For one of the most notorious seasons of all time, 2005 really didn't feature any long tracked, strong Cape Verde hurricanes (unlike years such as 2004, 2010, or 2017). Wonder if the subtropical warmth had anything to do with that
3 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

cane5
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#8 Postby cane5 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:55 am

Speaking in South Florida if you really think about it we have had rare Hurricanes like Andrew Wilma and Irma before that we went years and years which go back almost to the Donna,Cleo and Betsey trio one year after another. I think David came years later and skirted the coast.
0 likes   

cane5
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#9 Postby cane5 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:57 am

cane5 wrote:Speaking in South Florida if you really think about it we have had rare Hurricanes like Andrew Wilma and Irma before that we went years and years which go back almost to the Donna,Cleo and Betsey trio one year after another. I think David came years later and skirted the coast.

As for reasons I doubt anyone can conclusively give a solid reason if they do it’s pure guessing.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#10 Postby tolakram » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:01 am

My only opinion is that it's a bit early in the season to call the entire thing dead. I think this thread: https://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopi ... 3#p2984193 is a better place for discussion at the moment. We can revisit this one later if the entire season really is dead.
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”