what kind of preps do you make for t.s.?

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

jujubean
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

what kind of preps do you make for t.s.?

#1 Postby jujubean » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:23 am

I live in south dade we're under a t.s. watch right now and I've heard the news say they expect conditions to deteriorate sometime tomorrow...based on this it doesn't seem like we will have a lot of time to just take a wait and see approach (which a lot of people are doing just that)anyway my question is should we board up even though it seems it's gonna hit a little north of us?
0 likes   

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

#2 Postby GalvestonDuck » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:28 am

Haven't experienced that many TS's during my short time on the island. But for those brief experiences, I move stuff inside or secure it so it doesn't blow around and get lost and/or damage someone else's property. And I park a couple of blocks away where there's just a subtle grade variant and the streets don't flood.

Aside from that, just keeping the basic supplies ready in case of power outages and having the radio on is all I really do.
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby artist » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:22 pm

REmember thought that ~TS~ could become a hurricane! Better safe than sorry!
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”