Permanent plywood mounting solution and HOA

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

jerryopela
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Permanent plywood mounting solution and HOA

#1 Postby jerryopela » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:00 am

I am looking for a semi Permanent mounting solution for plywood over my windows. They are not recessed enough to use plylocks (2 are flush) I am looking for some sort of threaded metal sleeve that can be permanently anchored into the concrete then I can just bolt the plywood to the sleeve and remove the bolt when I am done leaving the sleeve for future use. Or a double sided screw that I can permanently screw in to the concrete and the male bolt part will stick out and I can wing nut the plywood on. Or any other low profile (unnoticeable) mounting options. The big problem is my HOA is a little nuts and will not let us mount anything like window tracks for corrugated steel, and I don’t want to go the tapcon route.

Does anybody know where I can get any information on the above options or have any other suggestions. I am making a presentation to the HOA to allow residents to do something small and unintrusive.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks

Jerry Opela
Last edited by jerryopela on Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

HurriCat

#2 Postby HurriCat » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:44 am

I think that there are sleeve-anchors called Dynabolts (Dynabolt Gold)that go into the wall and then have removeable bolts. You would then have open-ended bolt-holes, but can probably find some plastic plugs at ACE or other hardware store. There are also fasteners called PanelMates which are screwed into the wall and leave a threaded portion exposed. You then put on your panel, a fender washer and a wing-nut. There is a special tool for your drill that is great for wing-nuts! The 'Mates come bagged, with white vinyl caps to put over the threads. I do not know if the caps are paintable, but one could brush on some paint on the threaded studs in the off season (?). I've seen the PanelMates most recently at Lowes, back where they have the huricane metal sheets and mounting strips for windows.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”