Major Winter Storm this week for NC get ready NCgal

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
wrkh99

Major Winter Storm this week for NC get ready NCgal

#1 Postby wrkh99 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:34 pm

Looks like parts of NC will see a major snow storm this week . Highest snow falls totals will be along the beachs where 5 inches of snow could fall . More details later.
0 likes   

NCGal
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Doesn't look likely!!!!

#2 Postby NCGal » Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:58 pm

:( All our locals are saying all we may get will be a light dusting, if that. I sure wish the forecast would change. We want to see SNOW!!!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF ANYTHING CHANGES!!!!!!!
0 likes   

wrkh99

#3 Postby wrkh99 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:13 pm

lite ??? I don't think so this looks like 5+ in the mountains and 4 along the coast. You may even see a dusting tomorrow as the wedge of cold air sets up .

Updated: 4:00 PM EST on January 20, 2003
A Freezing Rain Advisory may be needed Tuesday... Tonight
Mostly clear this evening...then increasing cloudiness. Lows in the lower 30s. West winds 10 to 20 mph becoming northeast late and decreasing to 5 mph.
Tuesday
Light rain or light freezing rain likely...possibly changing to light snow before ending late. Little if any glaze accumulation expected. Colder. Temperatures steady 32 to 36. Northeast winds around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
Tuesday Night
Cloudy in the evening with partial clearing late. Lows in the mid 20s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday
Partly cloudy. Highs near 40.
Wednesday Night
Cloudy. A chance of light snow late. Lows in the mid 20s. Chance of snow 30 percent.
Thursday
Cloudy with a chance of light snow. Cold. Highs in the lower 30s. Chance of snow 40 percent.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid teens.
Friday
Mostly clear...breezy and continued cold. Highs in the mid 30s.
Saturday
Mostly clear. Lows in the upper teens. Highs near 40.
Sunday
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Highs in the mid 40s.
Monday
Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Highs near 50.
0 likes   

NCGal
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

I hope you are right!!!

#4 Postby NCGal » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:23 pm

:wink: But I just got finished looking at the local weather and they are still talking like it won't be much of anything, they say it maybe like what we got last Thursday, and that was only a brief dusting..Schools weren't even delayed. But like I said before I hope something big changes in the forecast cause we want SNOW!!!!! Thanks for the info. Let me know if something else changes, I appreciate it!!
0 likes   

HeartofNC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby HeartofNC » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:19 am

I am patiently awaiting the "snow" - local forcasters say not much snow, just some precip, maybe freezing rain ... sigh - Then light snow on Thursday :?

HeartofNC
0 likes   

wrkh99

#6 Postby wrkh99 » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:52 pm

Did I get this one right ?
0 likes   

NCGal
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

I would say you did a good job.....

#7 Postby NCGal » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:55 am

:P Here in Johnston County, NC we got about 3-3 1/2 inches. It's beautiful... I hope you will get to have your snowgasm!!! :D :lol:
So what do you think for my area Sunday night and Monday???? Barometer Bob says he thinks we will get another 3 inches... I hope he's right.. What are your thoughts? :idea:
0 likes   

HeartofNC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby HeartofNC » Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:07 am

We got 2" of snow Wednesday, it's 12 right now, windchill is 3 - My son is BORED :roll: - already, told him to clean his room, he found something to do... LOL low was 9 this morning..No school again today, maybe he can clean out his closet!!!
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”