New SWODY1...moderate risk area extended north!

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
JetMaxx

New SWODY1...moderate risk area extended north!

#1 Postby JetMaxx » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:48 am

Here's the link to the SWODY1 issued at 1 a.m. EST..
There is a good possibility of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes this afternoon and into tonight from southeast Texas to Alabama.
A few significant tornadoes (F2 or higher) are possible........
Portions of this area may be upgraded to a high risk later today (especially southern Mississippi and western/southern Alabama IMO)

It appears likely IMO the severe weather threat will remain significant on Saturday across Georgia, South and North Carolina, and northern portions of Florida, with a continued risk of strong tornadoes.

This is a very dangerous weather situation unfolding across the south. I strongly urge residents of these areas to closely monitor local weather conditions and listen to later statements and possible watches/ warnings over NOAA Weather Radio or a trusted tv/ radio station.

-----
PW
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#2 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:43 am

The upper level low over New Mexico (as of early this morning... around Midnight Eastern) moving into Texas is sure a player with this system (as all upper level lows are). The jet stream is dramatically digging into the Gulf of Mexico and southeastern United States. Those from Texas to Georgia and northern and central Florida should monitor the situation...

I will sure be monitoring this severe weather potential. I am located northeast of Tampa, west of Daytona Beach, south of Ocala and northwest of Orlando.
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”