IT'S OVER!!!

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Aslkahuna
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

IT'S OVER!!!

#1 Postby Aslkahuna » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:17 pm

:flasingsmile: At about 6:58pm tonight, our storm total reached 0.41in of rain (actually a mix of rain/ice pellets/snow pellets/small hail) giving us a monthly total of 0.82in which is equal to the normal rainfall here at the house for the month. This means that our string of consecutive below normal rainfall months IS OVER at 16-that's right we went 16 months with below to much below (and even none) rainfall. That's why the Drought has been so bad here. Not that this ends it by any means but we will get good snow in the mountains and this rain will mean some forage for the wildlife and livestock.

Steve
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Hopefully...

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:22 pm

this is a harbinger of things to come for the whole SW!!! :D I get dry mouth just thinking about how little moisture you guys have had over the last several years!!! :roll:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Aslkahuna
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Hopefully, But Unfortunately

#3 Postby Aslkahuna » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:09 pm

the outlooks agree with me on my assessment of the upcoming monsoon with a late start and a tendency towards dryness and above normal temperatures which is typical of Niño Summers (both pre and post)-there is also a tendency for more violent storms during Post Niño Summers.

Steve
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#4 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:11 pm

Thats good for us even on the east....the ridge is breaking down and moving easterly....we might finally get our warmth in the midsections and NE. I hope the patters get back to 'rainy' for the west...they still have another month to go for their 'season' to go..lol
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”